Econfina 8/22/03

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

Econfina 8/22/03

Post by Chalk »

If you can call this a report :oops: , maybe a weather report :lol: ....We didn't burn the roads up getting down their cause of what we saw on the radar. Put in at 7:30 and ran out the mouth to survey the situation. Decided to hit the the ole red hole and get a feel for things. It started raining about 1 minute after we stopped :thumbdown: . Fished hard for several hours with only one bite and it broke off at the boat :evil: . In an instance we went from blackened redfish to NO redfish :cry: ...Ran out on the flats once caught a ladyfish...Weather was building, boomers were getting louder and the drops getting bigger. Water is the worst I have ever seen it, looked like crown and coke, no ice :lol: .....Skunked for the first time in a long time, I guess I had it coming....Day on the water with my ole man :thumbup:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I almost took the day off ta fish :o glad I didn't :D I looked at the radar all day long and it showed rain.... all day long on the water till around 3:30 :lick: By then I had ta get the youngun and her three cousins off the bus :roll: Just the same, I would give one of my limbs just ta spend one more day with my dad :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Forgot to mention this..... when we were coming in while rounding the last bend (just before the tree line) I saw something in the middle the river, at first glance what in the heck is that......It was a deer swimming across the river.....A buck :o ...Took a few quick pics, hope they come out.....Small deer down there, think my shitzu would have taken him :wink:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Lets see. you broke off a fish at the boat, had a waltz with a lady fish, saw a "Swamp Deer" crossing the river. (and got a picture!) That's more releif than I've had in three weeks land locked here in Georgia. :wink: Chalk you at work today?
Semper Fi
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Yeah at the house drawing house plans.....
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Are "we" moving to PC? :lol:
Semper Fi
pjones

Post by pjones »

sorry chalk, looked at good mornin bf i saw this.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

CSMarine probably so.....Everytime we said no cause we hadn't heard nothing, we heard something the very same day....Wife thinks its a sign....We will see
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Rots-a-ruck :thumbup:
Semper Fi
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Just curious Chalk,

What sort of vehicle do you drive? I took off on friday as well thinking since Thursday had no rain that progressively things were getting better. :o Sounds like I put in maybe just ahead or about the same time that you did. Sprinkled some on the way from Tallahassee, lots of clouds hanging out over the water. Headed east out of the river but didn't go very far. Wind was out of the East South East and looked like it was coming off some weather out there. Started a drift back towards the river mouth. Light rain started. Couldn't tell where in the heck the weather was heading or if it was getting stronger or what it was doing!! :evil: Drifted for about 45 min. caught 2 pin fish, had two very hard hits on live shrimp under corks trailing from the back. Rain moved in where couldn't see Rock Island or the first platform.... decided to head in and wait for an hour or so. Spent an hour at the Econ Store and the weather look exactly the same after an hour ..... it never moved in just seemed to PARK!!! just off shore.... went home and replaced a broken left trailer light. Then took a nap :sleep: Now.... your report don't look so bad does it :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

We were in a Chevy truck, single cab (white)...gray and silver lancer bateau.....Briefly talked with some guy in a carolina skiff with a honda outboard..Was that yal?
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Wasn't me, but I think I saw the rig you speak of. I was in a white EB explorer and running a 19 8 SemiV Carolina Skiff with a 75 Yamaha.

If you'd be interested, maybe we can get together one of these times and you can show me how to chase a red fish.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Be glad too..Anytime..fish might not cooperate though :lol: