Two Weeks in the Keys

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jumper

Two Weeks in the Keys

Post by jumper »

Sorry to take so long to get this posted, but I have been trying to catch up since getting back to Colorado. We went to Key Colony Beach from 8/4 - 8/16 and had a great time. We fished offshore three days for Dolphin and did some bottom fishing. Did a little diving and ofcourse chased the lobsters around.

I will expand on individual stories later, but here are some pictures to get people thinking.

Our first Triple Tail ever!
First day of Lobster Season!
Second Day Offshore!
Now that is a bucket!
Just a Cool Photo
Even managed a small tarpon off the dock!

Final tally for the two weeks:

150 Lobster
50 Dolphin
5 Red Grouper
1 Black Grouper
Alot of Mangrove and Yellowtail Snapper

More to come later. BTW I may have downsized the pictures too much, they are loosing some detail. I will post a large picture of a fish we caught while night fishing that I need help in getting an ID.

It is also a long way to pull a 270 Coastal. Took a little over 12 hours.
Fish till it hurts.

Jumper
"Trigger Happy"
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

DANG, I hate ta admit it, but I'M JEALOUS :lol: I would love ta be able ta do that and I live in Florida :D That is one great vacation :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Jealous! :thumbup:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Great report. Been there. 1986 for two weeks. Even tried my luck on Peacock Bass in the canals around Miami while we were down there.
Semper Fi
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Thanks for the report and the pictures. Sure makes me remember the good ole days when my sons were still in school and living at home. We use to go down to Marathon every summer. Thanks again.

(ps if anyone wants to see some more action from the keys... check out my web site)
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".