Fishing Report St. Marks

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GoneGator
Site Sponsor

Fishing Report St. Marks

Post by GoneGator »

Finally got some good fishing weather and headed out with wife mid morning east to Gray Mare. 3 hour total fishing under Cajun Thunders and Equelizers in 4-5 ft. of water, 30 trout (2 keepers) and 6 ladyfish all with live shrimp (they are getting bigger also) We had started out in deeper water expecting the fish to be there but only luck was in a 4ft. to 5ft drift. I actually think I saw the bottom in 4ft, so water is clearing although it could have been my imagination. Another surprise is that we expierienced no pinfish leg stripping action, not that I am complaining. :P
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

:thumbup: Nice Report..Welcome aboard
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Welcome aboard G Gator. Not bad for 3 hours. 30 trout....sounds like fun, even though they were too small. Sounds like a lot of pulling and reeling to me.
Semper Fi
lightchop

Post by lightchop »

GG, I wrote a more comprehensive message than this, but it didn't get posted, for some unknown reason. My point is, pinfish and trout are a good combo because pinfish are a major diet item of trout, especially the larger ones. They are a pain when using live shrimp and red/pink tailed grubs, but that is an unavoidable risk. The presence of pinfish will not, however, guarantee keeper trout, since there are many other factors for this not happening which is a list as long as your leg!
Nice report! Thanks! :wink: