Econfina 9/11-14

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

waitin

Econfina 9/11-14

Post by waitin »

Ross Thomas and I fished all day Friday and Sat. and 4 hours on Sun. Beautiful weather all weekend except for fog on Sat. Morn.
Friday we had a good day, catching a nice limit of trout to 28". Most on live pin fish. The pins were not easy to catch, and they were either tiny or as big as your hand. But the trout didn't seem to mind. Tons of cats and blues to keep you on your toes too. Water was very dingy.
Sat. started out foggy. We decided to try up in the grass for some reds. Not a strike. We moved back to the bird racks around 10AM. Stayed slow so we headed out to some deeper water bass holes hoping to get some for the pan. We caught a few and various and sundry others, including blues and a nice spainish. Back in to the Bird racks around 2 PM. Started to call it a day, but stopped on the way in about a mile off the mouth of the river. Caught a bunch of trout, but mostly shorts for the next hour. Brought in 5 trout and one rock bass. Water seemingly clearer.
Sun. Started out where had left off Sat. evening at the mouth of the river. Continuous action on CTs and candycorn jigs till we had to leave at 10AM.
Brough in 5 nice trout.
God I love that part of the world. :D
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

:thumbup: Nice Report....
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

WTG.. :thumbup:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Outstanding day on the water waitin. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Semper Fi
waitin

Post by waitin »

Thanks fellows. Always a pleasure to report on my trips to the area, even when we don't tear em up :D