Hey guys.... Im a fishing noob

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mojokoko

Hey guys.... Im a fishing noob

Post by mojokoko »

Sorry if all my questions sound like fishing noob questions but I really enjoy fishing just trying to get good at it :P

Anyway, I have been fishing around bald point and some place around
st marks got 3 nice sptted trout a friend of mine got 2 nice catfish and I
swear hooked a shark but it took the line LOL..

I was wondering whats the best place to fishing "in shore fishing I have no boat or canoe at this time" to try and get some spotted trout and or anything else.

Ive been thinking about trying out some areas around st marks some time soon.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Damn, I thought ya said fishin BOOB :o Ya got a good start on the right places, some of the other fellas will have ta direct ya towards the inner workings of them places :lol: Bald Point, St. Marks, Wakulla Beach, all very good fishing from shore :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
mojokoko

Post by mojokoko »

Hey, I would go out this weekend but FSU/UM game gots me occupied!!!!

But the weekend after this I am planning on headed up to either st marks and or bald point to see if I can get some trout/red fish...

Ive been using real shirmp from some bait shops not sure what to use
if I were to use lures....

I have heard good things bouat D.O.A shirmp but have never tried any.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

This time of year I prefer to use a Topdog JR. worked fairly fast across the top of the water :D When using jigs, I prefer a 3" glow white with red tail shrimp and a small peice of FishBites ta flavor it :thumbup: it cost much less than the DOAs and I think that it works just as well :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
mojokoko

Post by mojokoko »

What is a topdog jr, and what is a 3' glow white?

Also know any where in tally to get some fishbites ive been lookin at
those?
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

topdog jr is a top water bait, go check the local wally-mart. I believe Jerrys Bait and Tackle carries fishbites, but not sure. You can order on-line at http://www.fishbites.com
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

TopDog Jr.

Go here to see the shrimp, it is the M6 model :thumbup:
http://www.tackleclassics.com/cgi-bin/S ... 1065630365

For the FishBites :thumbup:
Jerry's Bait and Tackle
664 Woodville Hwy
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Get a kayak to fish out of. It's so awesome you'll swear your cheating. I know my favorite boat can be had at boaters world for $395. That's a lot of money but the payoff is that you wonder why it took so long to get one(Chalk). Best choice I EVER made. If you need more kayak info just ask.
Topwater is pure thrill. Fun to fish with, fewer but bigger strikes. I use bait only if I really have to and that seems to be almost never. Shrimp gets expensive. Fishbites is good stuff but I don't use it much. It's great to have for catching a few quick pinfish to free line or float. I like to throw bait nets and using live bait but it's just more stuff.
I fish to get rid of "stuff". Two light rods, a small tackle box, kayak, paddle, Pfd, shades, water -gone.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Littoral wrote:I know my favorite boat can be had at boaters world for $395. That's a lot of money but the payoff is that you wonder why it took so long to get one(Chalk).
Ouch :wink: ...I'm working on it, I'm having to get over this boat building fetish first :wink: :lol: .

Another good land fishing spot is going down Skipper Bay lane (road)....pretty big mud hole at the end, be careful.....I have caught trout on chugg buggs and shrimp over there.....Mashes Sands park and go left looks good too......
Bone

try st. george state park

Post by Bone »

drive out to st. george state park....go about half way to the end road and it runs pretty close (75yds) to the bay......there is a grass island.
I caught six red fish (released) between 8 and 9:30 am on top water
using a bone colored "SheDog" wade fishing....another good spot to wade
is the west side of the canal going into the F.S.U lab.

Bone