Carrabelle 10/18-10/19

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Second Chance
Site Sponsor

Carrabelle 10/18-10/19

Post by Second Chance »

Headed West out of river at 7:30 Saturday morning looking for trout. Caught everthing but, trout. Started out on top with the a Chub Bug and landed two nice spanish along with twenty plus ladyfish. I've never seen so many ladyfish in on area. At one point there was close to half an acre of water churning. Moved down to Larnark and the FSU lab and caught several short trout. Wind died and the water slicked over so we went out to Dog Island Reef. Caught another nice spanish on a firetail grub. Started working a Candy Corn under a CT when about a 7' tiger follow it all the way back to the boat :o Was admiring the tiger when a nice cobia came out and ate my little grub. Short fight as the light wire hook straighten after about a 50yd run :cry: Last excitment of the day happen as my son was soaking a 3" pinfish for trout. His 10lb test spining outfit started to scream and when he set the hook 5 feet of tarpon came out of the water. Again another short fight. Part of the fun is never knowing what you are going to see or catch. Sunday, my son and I headed out early to try for a king. Ran off DI to an area that usually hold some kings this time of the year. Short story, rough ride out, one 24"gag, assorted sea bass and grunts, no kings. Still two great days on the water with my son and a couple of good friends :D
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Really nice report SC, :thumbup:

as one who hasn't been able to get out in the past couple of weeks, I really appreciate you taking the time to give us the story. Thanks, good job. :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Sounds like alot of excitement goin on this trip. :thumbup:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Can imagine the loook on your son's face when the Tarpon jumped. :o Can imagine the look on your face. :wink: Thanks for the report SC.
Semper Fi