Gun Smith??

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ttop_guy
Site Sponsor

Gun Smith??

Post by ttop_guy »

Does anyone know a good gun smith they would recommend? My grandfather just gave me one of his old pistols, a 357 revolver, and it has a tight chamber on the cylinder and I would like to get it fixed.

I have used an older gentlemen that was a retired marine in south Ga. before, but I have lost his information, and that was years ago.

Thanks for the help! :D
cmccord
Site Sponsor

Re: Gun Smith??

Post by cmccord »

Bill Alexander in Tallahassee does a good job. He is generally 4-6 weeks out on repairs though. 656-6176

Walt Sherman in Tallahassee also does good work and may be able to get to it a little sooner. 878-9563
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Post by slowroller »

I've used Frank Kraft at Coon Bottom Gun Club, did me right. 539-0293
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Both Bill and Frank do good work :thumbup:
Stay Thirsty My Friends
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

Heath at SGO put me on to a gunsmith in Cairo that made short work on a L frame Smith 357 for me...Put a target hammer on it and didn't take but a few days...Plus very reasonable I thought...
ttop_guy
Site Sponsor

Post by ttop_guy »

Thanks for the help guys, I'll start making calls some calls. :thumbup:
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

I lived right down the road from Walt Sherman for years and got to see some of the guns he built and what he called Shermanized and the where BAD AZZ I would go with him :thumbup: :thumbup:
cmccord
Site Sponsor

Post by cmccord »

I also, just met another gentleman in the Pinetta/Lake Park area named Mike Smith. Have him doing some barrel work for me on a shotgun. Will get it back next week. Seems to be a straight shootin (pun intended) fellow. Comes highly recommended by one of my coworker's father. Reasonable cost and time frame in which to complete the work. 229-559-4137. Open Wed/Thurs/Friday.
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs
KMamatey

Post by KMamatey »

Mark Folmar at Folmar Gun and Pawn on North Monroe at the Thomasville Rd intersection is extremely good and his turnaround is usually less than a week. Their phone number is 224-6836. Tell him Kyle Mamatey recommended you.