Web Site for Daiwa

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Web Site for Daiwa

Post by Sir reel »

Does anyone know of a website for Daiwa? I have a spinning reel that went down this weekend and after disassembling the thing just now... I find I have a frozen bearing. :o Would like to see if I can order one. I will look myself but someone may already know of a source. Thanks. :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

You could try, http://www.daiwa.com/ .

Of course, I only have full information on Shimano, not that I ever have to call them regarding reel repairs. :wink:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Thanks Cran,
I appreciate your reply. I also found that site last night and sent them an email requesting info. I also ran across a place in Alabama that specializes in reel repairs and parts. I have received a reply from them requesting additional info on the type of reel. Guess we are making progress. If I don't have any luck... may have to consider upgrad'n to a Shimano :lol: :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Sir reel, do you realise that all potential Shimano owners have to pass an exam and interview ?
The Stradic exam , is very hard.
Only a few of us pass it. :D
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Cran, I took that test and your right. I failed. Couldn't get by the first question. (Do you have plenty of money) Had to settle for poor folks Shimano, the Sedona. :wink:
Semper Fi
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Gee, and all this time I thought size really did matter.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

SR, did ya check with Rivers over on Adams Street?
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

No wevans I haven't. I'll stick my head in the door and see if they have anything. Last time I was there they were'nt doing much and now they've moved across the street.

You folks don't happen to know of anyplace around where they just handle bearings do you? I know in a previous life I had sources for that sort of item but don't know of anything around here.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

SR, If all else fails in Tally. My brother-in-law has a small reel repair business. He does all my work and is reasonable. I'll check to see if he can get the bearings for you if you want. What reel is it, and what bearing do you need?
Semper Fi
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Thanks CS,

I hesitate with this group to admit to what I have but here goes. Its probably 10-12 years old, Spinning reel.

Daiwa Z 4000 T , multi disk drag, Gyro Spin.
The capacity #.s on the spool are as follows:
10# @ 300 yd
12# @ 260 yd
14# @ 210 yd.

The bearing is a roller ball bearing that fits in the frame and suports the spool shaft. It measures about 5/8" in dia with about 5/16 opening for the shaft. The bearing has 9 balls inside the race. I have no parts # 's or any paper work on the reel. Thanks. :D
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Just received a email from the Alabama Reel Repair folks with the following info:

Reel Type: Daiwa Jupitor Z4000T

Part Number Description Quantity Price Each

L03-6502 Front Bearing 1 $9.00

There will be $4.50 shipping.

I've got 72 hours to reply so unless I find a better (cheaper) source I guess I'll go with it. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and assistance even though its a Daiwa :-? :roll: :lol: