Cajun Thunder Rod

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

ST, my spinning rod is the 7' medium action Axiom/Okuma AV30.
What was I supposed to do today?
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Depends on which CT I'm using. With the small one I have a Abu Garcia CD4-3000 reel on a 7' FLW ML graphite rod.
Semper Fi
lightchop

Post by lightchop »

Ken,
So far, what have you decided on concerning the ideal CT rod?
I’ve spent a small fortune trying a lot of rods, and I’ve learned a lot about CT/rods. For $1,000 I’ll tell you what my highly scientific studies have concluded. This is a bargain price and mostly is a savings on experiment TIME!
Just about the time I yelled, EUREKA!, I found the perfect rod for CT fishing, I realized there were way better trout fishing techniques than the CT, but that most trout fishermen have an automatic switch in their brain that flips when whatever method they or their buddies are using to catch, lots, of (usually, small) fish is challenged – perfectly, just fine for me, because I’m only interested in the 16-18 inchers when I want to pan fry or wine & herb poach a few (rarely more than 2-3, for myself or someone else, special). The really big fish, even though legally you can keep one over 20" are fish I treat with extreme care to not even take out of the water and release quickly without even touching (I know the jury is still out on the survivability of even this careful method of release, but I feel a very high % do survive – and I don’t buy, that trout released in less delicate manners have a high survival rate because some fishermen say – they must survive because I never see dead fish floating around where I’m releasing fish – ever heard of porpoise and sharks that gobble-up fish in their last erratic twitches?
For $5,000, I’ll cut you in on really catching the big ones, but, no cameras are allowed, because photos start a rush, like the stories of bright metal found in a mountain stream, and will drive perfectly intelligent folks to delirium, kinda like an almost new shinny-blue truck will do, or scantily clad hotties, or a custom gun from a classic gun maker!
Show time, Ken – are you a high quality self-assured fisherman or are you a show-off! The truth will set you free – but it’ll cost you!
Of course, it’ll cost you nothing to tell me what rod (brand and length and action) you’ve decided on.