took a few days off this week to go duck hunting

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

took a few days off this week to go duck hunting

Post by GAJOEY »

Saturday
The 14 year old had a wrestling tournement ..I went duck hunting first, made it back by 9:30. Killed a few ducks and he finished 2nd the tourney.

my boy in the white and black. He wanted to pump up the team with a mohawk.

5 woodies and two hoodies

Sunday
Duck hunting on the flint with my son and a good few friends
2 hoodies and a woodie

Monday
Hunted a private pond one of my buddies fell in twice soaked his benelli and his waders

3 woodie drakes and two hens

Tuesday
Had to work :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Wednesday
Had to work :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Thursday
took off of work but it was raining like cow peeing on a flat rock. Too much electricity in the sky to stand in a pond with a gun in my hand :thumbdown: :thumbdown: ..Went home took a nap went to lunch with my wife :thumbup: :thumbup:

Friday
Took off of work again hit a private pond the weather was warm overcast and the ducks flew a little later went to Lake Blackshear to scout in the afternoon and did not see any places we wanted to hunt.

3 drake woodies and two woodie hens

Saturday
Went to a pond that had only produced goose eggs and to our surprise we knocked down a few

Pair of woodies: I want to get a pair mounted

Sunday
Same pond we hunted Monday same buddy floated his hat again soaking his waders that were not dry from a week ago

Two woodie drakes,two woodie hens , a hoddie drake and a hoodie hen.

After we got back cleaned the birds and ate a bite of breakfast we took my buddies kids on a squirrel hunt and had a blast for about a hour ..you will not want either the two girls mad at you if there is a 22 rifle around. Little brother on the end will be after the squirrels next year.

I had a great MLK week not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow .Not the mixed bag Big Bend Brian has had but a good week for ducks in south Ga.
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: took a few days off this week to go duck hunting

Post by MudDucker »

Now that is getting some wood!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

Good few days!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
BlindHog

Post by BlindHog »

Gajoey, you gotta love the Hoodies. I drive quite a distance Saturday to fire at (and miss) one bluebill. Then I come home and there are 7 Hoodies on the pond behind my house.

If you want a recipe for Squirrel Brunswick stew PM me. I made a pot a week ago and it is the best.
Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn now 'n then...