Politics

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Quixote

Politics

Post by Quixote »

I know this may start a fight and that being a relative newb I will take a beating for it but the political post on here are getting/have gotten a bit tired. I know it's in an off topic section but still....it gets old. Post pictures/topics of something that is at least "Outdoors" in nature.
KYBOWHTR

Re: Politics

Post by KYBOWHTR »

WE KNOW WHICH SIDE HE'S ON
1Nitrofish

Post by 1Nitrofish »

RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

OFF TOPIC MEANS OFF TOPIC!

Should you desire it to mean something else and be restrictive then I suggest you start your own website! :lol:

Anyone else smell KoolAid?
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Yes, the political posts can be overwhelming, but when its a slow start to the season here in the big bend, what do you expect all these old guys to talk about!? :lol:

Give it a week or two and I guarantee you that the posts will start picking up; especially after the first tourney this saturday! Don't take the posts to heart too much :beer: :beer:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

galantnole wrote: what do you expect all these old guys to talk about!?
".....all these old guys....."? :roll:
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

RHTFISH wrote:
galantnole wrote: what do you expect all these fine ladies and gentlemen to talk about?!
".....all these old guys....."? :roll:
no idea what you're talkin' about! :-D
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

1.This little old lady calls 911. When the operator answers she yells, "Help, send the police to my house right away! There's a damn Democrat on my front porch and he's playing with himself."

"What?" the operator exclaimed. "I said there is a damn Democrat on my front porch playing with himself and he's weird; I don't know him and I'm afraid! Please send the police!" the little old lady repeated.

"Well, now, how do you know he's a Democrat?"

"Because, you damn fool, if it was a Republican, he'd be screwing somebody!"

2. Two wealthy Repubs are sitting in a restaurant, one of them being the owner.

The owner turns to his guest and says, "See? I'm doing my part to help the economy, I just opened up three new jobs in my restaurant."

Just as the two get finished toasting each other's success, the busboy comes by to clear off their dishes and says, "I know, I have all three of them."

3.Two guys are sitting around talking about politics.

One of them asks the other, "So why are you a Democrat?"

"Because my daddy and granddaddy were Democrats," was the man's reply.

"What if your daddy and granddaddy were horse thieves?"

"In that case, I guess I'd be a Republican."
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

KYBOWHTR wrote:WE KNOW WHICH SIDE HE'S ON
RHTFISH wrote:OFF TOPIC MEANS OFF TOPIC!

Should you desire it to mean something else and be restrictive then I suggest you start your own website! :lol:

Never voted Dem. in my life and probably never will. My point is that it all gets a little tired. I don't suggest that the powers that be restrict the content anymore than it already does ( fairly heavy in my opinion, which means nothing), but a little self regulation would be welcome.
As far as "smelling CoolAid" may I suggest you remove your finger from under your nose and smell something different for a change, or just wash your hands. It may not be coolaid you're smelling.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

Wow, this is really starting to escalate. Doesn't it make more sense to just avoid the Off Topic forum if it's causing you some sort of grief? Reacting like that will only make it worse.

But what do I know? I'm just a Democrat. :wink:
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Quixote wrote:
RHTFISH wrote:OFF TOPIC MEANS OFF TOPIC!

Never voted Dem. in my life and probably never will. My point is that it all gets a little tired. I don't suggest that the powers that be restrict the content anymore than it already does ( fairly heavy in my opinion, which means nothing), but a little self regulation would be welcome.
As far as "smelling CoolAid" may I suggest you remove your finger from under your nose and smell something different for a change, or just wash your hands. It may not be coolaid you're smelling.
Seems I struck a nerve.....Wow! Verbal jabs at me will only get you frustrated because, believe me, I'm unimpressed and actually amused. I'll stick to my original statement....start your own site if you're so disappointed in our OFF TOPIC section. Anytime you wish to debate any forum members' rights to express, including politics and/or political humor, bring it on and wear a thick skin. :lol:
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Political threads usually do not strike a nerve with conservatives. Most of the time, they just read & keep to themselves. They understand not only the importance of free speech, but freedom in general. I'll admit, it's gets old from time to time, but that's the joy of just moving on if you don't like what's posted. Political threads are not personal indictments and should not be taken as such. I for one, can't wait for global warming to go ahead and speed things up weather-wise so we could post an occasional fishing report :lol:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
KYBOWHTR

Post by KYBOWHTR »

WELL PUT
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

dolphinatic wrote: Political threads usually do not strike a nerve with conservatives. Most of the time, they just read & keep to themselves.
Huh? :smt009 This has not been my experience. In my experience, it's a person's personality type, not his political persuasion that affects his ability to read and keep to themselves. For example, I am apparently the only democrat that has posted on this thread thus far, but I have not lost my temper, nor has anyone "struck a nerve" with me.

I'm a democrat (liberal, whatever :roll: ), and I participate in politcal discussions from time to time on this forum and have been hit with some pretty hard comments :hammer: (some of them directed to me, personally, some of them directed at all liberals/democrats). Trust me, I've never lost a wink of sleep due to some comment made by an angry republican on this forum.

Politics don't affect one's ability to maintain composure. Tempers flare on both sides. There are polite, intelligent and well-composed members of both parties. No one likes to be lumped together with a bunch of idiots.

I think we do a pretty decent job of "agreeing to disagree". I don't feel that anyone has any malice towards me, nor do I wish any ill will on any of you. I don't see what the big deal is. We are all pretty "adult" (not the dirty kind) about it all. I see no harm in any of it. If you don't like what you read, don't read. Republicans are good at that. :lol:Just kidding.
BullHound

Post by BullHound »

I'm not a political man at all, but the political jokes sure put a smile on my face. Keep 'em coming.