Lost fishing pole on Woodville Hwy 3/6

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mook!
Site Sponsor

Lost fishing pole on Woodville Hwy 3/6

Post by Mook! »

On the way to weigh-in at today's tournament one of my fishing poles fell out of the boat on Woodville hwy. We stopped at the gas station across from Savannah's for munchies on the way back to Jerry's and it was still on the boat - I removed a soft bait from the hook while waiting for mojo to come out the store, so I know it was still there. Between there and Jerry's it fell out. Reel Cowboy and crew saw it in the middle of the road within a couple minutes later; they pulled in to Jerry's a minute or two after us and told me just after I noticed it missing. I jumped in the truck and went back to get it no more than 5-6 minutes after we left the store at the most, but someone had already picked it up.

Several people arrived at weigh-in during that few minutes mostly from that direction, so if anyone picked it up, I would be ever so grateful for its safe return, or for the return of any discombobulated parts of the rod and or reel. It was a previous generation Shimano Stradic 4000 MgFA on a Falcon Original one piece rod, and may or may not have still been attached to a green Greedy Gut poppin cork and Slayer jighead.

Getting shut out on trout for the first time ever in a tournament was hard to swallow after freezin my arse off all day, but losing my best reel, which I can't afford to replace at this point, really ruined my day. I know lots of you must have driven by it, or over it, and just hoping it was one of you that picked it up.

:smt006
Mookbait! At least 401 times better than live bait!

He who have signature line make bigger post.
Bow'd Up

Re: Lost fishing pole on Woodville Hwy 3/6

Post by Bow'd Up »

Yep, me and RC saw it but traffic would not allow us to stop. Hope someone in the club picked it up and returns it.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:smt059 Sorry for you loss.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
kneeknocker

Post by kneeknocker »

It is no loss. It is in my garage.
TEAM NO FLUKE!!!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Can you spell r. e. w. a. r. d. :-D
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Can you spell r. e. w. a. r. d. :-D

Yep

R
E
W
A
R
D

How's that? I would've stopped and picked it up but I didn't see it until we were on top of it.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

Best of luck, Mook.

I wish I could find rods on the road. I've found lifejackets, hats, FS Law Sticks, other official rulers, charts, Gulp!s, hooks, pieces of rods, but no whole rods and no reels. Of course I would post if it were something I thought had value on the chance that the owner would see the post and be able to describe the thing.