Keaton 3/25-3/27

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bigblister
Site Sponsor

Keaton 3/25-3/27

Post by bigblister »

Fished 3 days out of Keaton with Dad and JG. Thursday went north and only picked up 5 keepers. All in 5.5 -6.5 foot of water on gulps. I did manage to catch one 20" trout on a goldspoon in close. Water temp hovered around 59-62 all day.

Friday was terrible. It rained all night and the water temp dropped to 57. We fished from 8-12 without one bite. We did go south and the water was crystal clear. We managed to pick up 3 on the falling tide late in the afternoon. We through everything in the box from gulps to suspention baits, topwater, spoons, etc.

We didn't get on the water until 930 due to the negative tide and stiff east wind. However, Saturday was much better (relative to the day before). Water temp had increased to 64 and the bite was on in 5.5 feet of water. We picked up 9 keepers from 16" -18" and 1 19 inch flounder. We fished mostly in the Adams Beach area with popping corks.

All in all it was a great trip, but there were many folks striking out. I think the cold weather has screwed them up and decreased their early movement.
Here's a couple of pics from saturday:

Blister
Matthew 4:19
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton 3/25-3/27

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Cool.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Very nice trip. Beautiful sunset pics. :thumbup: :thumbup:
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Bigblister that was a good report! Thanks for the pictures also. :thumbup:

We like fishing north of Keaton at the mouth of Spring Warrior. :D Last time, March 12, fishing it was also muddy. :( We got totally skunked that day. :smt011 We had our three year old granddaughter aboard which made a good day so all was not lost. :D Surprised you found some in that deep of water. They must be wanting to get bck out on the flats.

We may go down tomorrow? Things looks kind of doubtful as to catching fish but need to get back on the water. I kind of dry out and get hard to live with if not on the water regular.

Thanks again for the good fishing report!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
dogonenuts

I am with you SS.

Post by dogonenuts »

I am like a gulp that got left on the jig the last trip. It has been so long, I am dried up and hard to live with. Got to get the boat in some water soon.

Nice report Big Blister. It is hard to believe how long ago it was that you got your name!