Mashy Sands / Bald Point yall it's been a while.

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DuctTapeKing

Mashy Sands / Bald Point yall it's been a while.

Post by DuctTapeKing »

Hello yall. Ok so I'm a Tallahassee native who had to up and move to central florida 3 years ago. I currently fish mosquito lagoon a lot, so if anyone ever needs advice on that body of water, for yall, I'll be an open book. Well here's the thing, I'm heading to Mashy Sands for a four day weekend this weekend 5/20-5/23. Mashy Sands / Blad point / Ochlocknee Bay was my favorite place of all time to fish, and I used to know the area quite well. But I haven't fished there in a long time. My friend Ryan Harris and I will not have access to a boat, but we will have some kayaks. So for those that fish the area, should I fish the oyster bars, the spoil area between the channels out of the mouth, or the grass bed around the corner? I'm just trting to determine without paddeling all over the world where would be the best place to start. I know Chartrus seemed to work well in those waters, any other colors been working latley? Also have any Cobia been caught at the mouth of the river yet? I want to have the right tackle just in case. I know wevans is probably a good person to answer this due to him fishing this area most. And Long ago when went saw him on the river fishing typical winter conditions (40 degree with a 20 mph wind) he help me and ryan out with some up the river spots. I'm not looking for any holes, I still have a few, just not sure where to start. If Rocket is around and you want to fish with me (Dillon) and Ryan just reply...we'll never turn down a boat trip as opposed to a paddel trip. Any help is greatly appreciated. I Still read this form everyday just dont post because most of yall could care less about mosquito lagoon fishing. Tight Lines and Slimy Fingers!
One of the greatest things in this life is to know yourself.
cygraphics
Site Sponsor

Re: Mashy Sands / Bald Point yall it's been a while.

Post by cygraphics »

No fish there. You might want to try mosquito lagoon. :lol:
WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Post by WaltDawg »

Oyster Bay bay just to the North and Alligator Harbor to the South has a lot of good fishing spots too especially if you're in the yak.
cygraphics
Site Sponsor

Post by cygraphics »

Seriously though, that area is good to fish from. Not sure what colors will work for you, but I would use what ever you did in the past. Also, if you are going to be fishing you might as well register for the Rock the Dock Tournament that's happening down there this weekend.. http://www.panacearockthedock.com/
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Wish I had been fishing there! I aint been to Mashes in at least 6 weeks or so :smt012 The same ol patterns should be on right now. Put in at Bald Point and fish the Oyster bars out front. Topdog and Redfish Killer usually work good for the Reds, Topdog and Glow white with Red tail or glow white with chartuese tail 3" shrimp seem ta work best for the Trouts and the flats in front of the long bar should produce some fine trout right now. The morning tides should have the fish on fire for the biggest part of the morning "and the heat won't kill ya". Fraid that's about the best I can do for ya :thumbup: GOOD LUCK :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”