Neighbor Backed out for tomorrow

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Neighbor Backed out for tomorrow

Post by Tom Keels »

Who wants to freeze to death with me and chase a grouper in the AM?

Let me know email or pm.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

chugbug

Post by chugbug »

Hey Tom...Where has Will been hiding?
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

He's been busy same as me. I was going to let him tell you about the boat, but I guess I can. He and a friend took it out of Carabelle a couple of weeks ago and as they were running they happened to look back and saw that the transom had cracked on both sides of the motor just to the outside of the scuppers.

They were barely able to save the rig by going in slow with the motor trying to torque off the boat. But they made it in and tied the motor up so it wouldn't fall off. Luckliy the transom glass only cracked on the inside and not the outside. I'm sure Wil can tell the story better than I can.

We got the engine and tabs off last weekend and will pull the console off sometime this week. He is going to take it down to his friend that does fiberglass and builds boats and get it fixed. While they have the cap off they will be foaming in the fishboxes up front and the compartments in the back so they will hold ice better. May put in an aux gas tank or freshwater tank up front as well.

It was bound to happen and we knew the transom had some rot in it. It looks like the scuppers were installed incorrectly and that started it on its way.

For all the problems the boat has had, we are still convinced that there isn't a better riding boat in the size class. So it is still worth it.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

chugbug

Post by chugbug »

Man o man...I would never wish that on anyone. Well I hope he plans on keeping it for a while and after everything is done he's happy with it. I hate that it's such a PITA for him though.
Joeseminole18

Post by Joeseminole18 »

sent you a pm...i'm sure its too late though, i'd have to think someone already got the invite.