"Lucky" hat

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

"Lucky" hat

Post by bman »

I was cleaning out the truck this morning and grabbed my "Lucky Fishing Hat"
could not help but notice how ratty its getting:
If you look back through old posts Ive had this hat for at least 7 years and it looks like it :D
Ive started breaking in another one thats very similar but I know its not the same.
Totally irational but I am going to hate the day I have to throw it out :smt010
Better if it blows out of the boat on a run back into the ramp in a storm with a full fish box!

Do you guys have a lucky hat, shirt, rod whatever?
Last edited by bman on August 1st, 2010, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Re: "Lucky" hat

Post by Tidedancer »

A needle and thread can be your friend. Also a good shoe repair can keep the magic going. The magic of such a garment should be treasured. Here is to more fishing trips with your ole friend.
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

I have a lucky lure. It's the one that's catching fish that day. ;-)
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

She's still got some life in her Bman! I had a hat that look just as ratty. I loved that hat but one of my Springers tore it into 100 pieces. It was a good hat. My Uncle gave it to me several years ago on a striper fishing trip on Lake Lanier. It had some sentimental value too.
Team Jolly Mon
Double Naught
Site Sponsor

Post by Double Naught »

bman wrote: Better if it blows out of the boat on a run back into the ramp in a storm with a full fish box!
Amen.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Just gettin' broke in good!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I bet some 5200 would hold it together :lol:
FF salute1
ab7bear

Post by ab7bear »

Well, it used to be my NFGFC hat until it fell victim to a house fire this summer. Here's the replacement, it's done well so far, only a year old but seeing major fading from the original royal blue. Actually started seeing some action before the NFGFC one was lost but has now been promoted. Still very much so in the break in process. From one year of wear on this one, I think you could imagine 5 years on the NFGFC hat. RIP NFGFC hat

Good Times

Post by Good Times »

My first NFGFC hat. Khaki. Wear it every time even here in KY. It still has a while to go before reaching the level of "love" you've shown yours. Mine has seen two or three potential burials at sea. It was rescued each time. I've actually started scotch guarding my hats inside and out so they won't get so soaked if they do blow off. Plus when it starts to rain it doesn't turn into a 50lb weight plastered to my head. :thumbup: :thumbup:
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

bman:

I understand completely!

Years ago I was on the U of F Livestock Judging Team. I had a special pair of under drawers that I wore at every competition. They were so good that I retired them after the last big meet. The International Livestock Judging Contest at the Union Stockyards in Chicago.

I still have them somewhere. Couldn’t part with my good luck drawers!

Fishing, I haven’t been lucky enough to get a charm yet!

You might want to burn it and scatter the ashes over your best fishing spot or just store it somewhere for a keep sake. Give it to your best friend for a Christmas present.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

SS-342 wrote:bman:

I understand completely!

Years ago I was on the U of F Livestock Judging Team. I had a special pair of under drawers that I wore at every competition. They were so good that I retired them after the last big meet. The International Livestock Judging Contest at the Union Stockyards in Chicago.

I still have them somewhere. Couldn’t part with my good luck drawers!

Fishing, I haven’t been lucky enough to get a charm yet!

You might want to burn it and scatter the ashes over your best fishing spot or just store it somewhere for a keep sake. Give it to your best friend for a Christmas present.

I suggest the same with them drawers !!!!!!! just sayin........
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

what, make the drawers into a hat?
850-273-8818
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Addiction »

Shoot bman, all my FSU hats look like that. Maybe it is because of the results of our football team over the past eight year? Come to think of it, they have not been luck hats after all. I need not stop wearing them when I fish. That must be my problem. Thank you for pointing that out!!
breeze

Post by breeze »

Oh yes, sir! I believe every true fisherman has had a lucky hat. Mine was a UGA hat that was as thread-bare as yours, brother. Friend, I was sho nuff broken-hearted when it really did blow off my head on day when me and Welby was coming in at Ecofina one Oct. day in '05. Sunk to the bottom like a jighead :smt010 .
'If you don't know where you're goin', you could end up anywhere.'