? about "smokehouse ledge"

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

boomhauer

? about "smokehouse ledge"

Post by boomhauer »

I just had a quick question about this thing I hear about called the smokehouse ledge. NOT LOOKING FOR #'s, just info. Multiple maps I have looked at detail areas they call the smokehouse ledge. Most of the maps show it east of the WR1 green can out of Alligator Point. I also saw a published # off a map listing the "SL". I ran out to it in 40 ft and found nothing at the #, but found a nice 3-4 ft ledge with some fish about 1/2 mile away. Not sure if it was the spot they intended. Lastly, when I looked near the locations listed on the maps last Thursday, I found a low relief ledge with a few nice gags, but I can imagine something that small would be listed on the charts. Is this "smokehouse ledge" a big ledge? I sort of enjoy hunting for new areas, but was just curious as to what I might see when I find it. Thanks.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: ? about "smokehouse ledge"

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I know someone who knows the smolehouse really well.
He ain't talkin".
Sorry.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?