Keaton 1/2/4

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

sorifish

Keaton 1/2/04

Post by sorifish »

I went to keaton that day and also went south amongest the many boats that were in that area. tried everything in the tackle box . it seemed the magic bait was D.O.A shrimp it had the trout steadily entering the boat. nothing of gator trout size
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

sorifish, thats odd they would eat a DOA, but not the real thing at all. Scott was using live shrimp and they were not interested. :-?
sorifish

Keaton 1/2/04

Post by sorifish »

dstockwell, I thought the same thing when I was fishing live shrimp and my dad started casting the D.O.A and the trout started rolling in the boat. I quickly changed over , even though could not figure out the reason they would not hit my live bait. I was lucky enough to have a few live pin fish and they caught a couple trout . friday and saturday were both the same, no bait could come close to the fish we caught on the D.O.A, which I rarely use. It was the natural shrimp color w/ the yellowish tail
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

See there. We we're almost all convinced that a DOA wouldn't catch worth a dang. :o sorifish just proved they do catch. Just gotta know what your doing I guess. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Semper Fi
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Yep cause I never caught nota on a DOA. :x