Accumulative report

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

Accumulative report

Post by skitterwalk »

I wasn't planing on reporting my past several outings just because I have been posting a report every weekend and thought I was making everyone feel bad lol. But now that everyone is desperate to read a report. here you go.
Tuesday(First day of KW): I talked my dad into leting me skip school and go fishing the first day of KW.(good grades)So Rob swings by with a friend of his, Heath and were off. We get to the water a bit late with 10-15 mph winds forcasted for that day. We go our different ways and search for fish. Fishing was hard all day with the wind blowing and the sun hiding behind the clouds. I searched high and low for the reds but couldn't seem to hone in on em so I half-heartedly give up, flinging a jig down the shoreline taking in the scenery on this lovely school day. When my rod began bouncing I was a bit confused, not expecting to get hit lol but it was the first hit of the day and boy was I happy.
With no specific pattern identified yet I just keep at it down the shoreline. NOTHING...so I truned around and move back through where I found the first red. Tap tap another :D and ofcourse as luck would have it. She spit the hook :evil: Oh well, I met up with Rob and he actually landed his two lol 20" and 27" and we called it a day. Heath caught something too...A HAWK! He said as soon as it hit the water, out of nowhere a hawk swoops down and picked up his Skiterwalk. 8O He wasn't hooked to bad and released him unharmed shortly their after. Cool day

Wednesday Ran down to the river after school and looked to duplicate my redfish outings on the river for some KW points. 4:30 I arrive at my hole and 3 people are already on the hole :x I didn't even try to crowd them and head off to look for some other fish. It ended up being a good thing because I found a new spot with some decent trout holding their :D . I slid up on a point and twitched a sebile down it with no results. Being thorogh, I throw a jig to cover both water colums and work it up the rocks...fish on. I felt accomplished throwing into a spot I just fished with another lure and hooking up, and knowing why it worked 8) lol.
I left and came back to let em settle back down. I told my dad one more cast, and wham! another :A1
Image with that I called it an afternoon ant loaded up the yak.

Saturday (2-05) Crunch, myself, Litoral, and Bakertize all put in the Wakulla River about 9:00 am on a quest for gar believe it or not. Armed with live bait, we set sail.We fished for a while and Crunch was the only sucessful angler today in out quest for gar. He got him to the boat, jumped out his yak and pin him to the ground. 32"! He was a happy camper fo sho!
nothin but snags after that so we left. fun stuff. Now everyone else...GO FISH !!!:D
Last edited by skitterwalk on February 6th, 2011, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: Accumulative report

Post by tallykenj »

Your reports are great and I enjoy reading them (eventhough they make me jealous). Keep'm coming. I'm waiting for you to land the tarpon or at least get some good photos. I'd love the see one.
The Back Porch
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Accumulative report

Post by SS-342 »

We were wondering if you ever had a bad day.

Great report! You're well on your way to your own fishing show!

Keep 'um coming!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP