Pliers.

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RudyH

Pliers.

Post by RudyH »

I have been using forceps and nail clippers as standard tools, But decided to try fishing pliers with integral line cutter, specifically the Rapala aluminum model. Nice! Wish I had tried these years ago. Very convenient and excellent for unhooking, line cutting and crimping.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Re: Pliers.

Post by onefishtwofish »

Forceps are not strong enough. I use needle drivers with scissors, but even they wont always take the place of pliers.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

when purchasing pliers (needlenose) consider the type that have the split ring seperator on the tip. They really save time and fingers when changing hooks. Now if someone would just incorporate a vent tool into the handle....
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

I bought a Rapala deal with a 50lb scales and stainless steel pliers with a case about 10 years ago at Sams. Both worn now, but still in good shape. I do wash my pliers, along with my lures and such, after every use. Spraying the pliers with WD40 and exercising them probably helps, too.
RC
Site Sponsor

Post by RC »

I go through pliers quickly. Bought these Browning pliers a couple of years ago on a whim. I quit buying expensive ones years ago and thought these were a little pricy. Added them to my beach fishing bag. After a year without any special care they were still good so I bought a pair for the boat. They have held up very well. Usually within about 6 months pliers get stiff and the cutter gets dull. Even my older pair still cuts braid with no problems and the cutter blades are replaceable.

don't usually recommend stuff but I think these are a buy

http://www.basspro.com/Browning-Fishing ... 18#reviews