Oh God! What Have I Done?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Oh God! What Have I Done?

Post by Harmsway »

Well, the wind was blowing pretty hard today (before it laid down), so I stayed home and surfed the internet for Cyber Week deals. :smt083 I was supposed to be Christmas shopping for the wife, kids, and granddaughter, but all I could find was fishing tackle. :smt007 Good deals, too. Stuff I couldn't live without (at the time :roll: ).

Now I'm sitting here regretting that I spent the Christmas budget on myself. :( Wait, wait; all that stuff I bought wasn't Christmas presents for myself - it was :smt017 . . . necessary restocking; right?

Somebody please agree with me (so I'll feel better :oops: ), or help me figger out how to keep Jennifer from killing me if she finds out (and she will). :smt011
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Oh God! What Have I Done?

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I did the same thing with a Yeti cooler last week. Maybe we should form a support group?
Team Jolly Mon
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

You are toast Harms.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

and you're the grinch who stole Christmas from your wife, kids and grandaughter.... SHAME ON YOU
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Harmsway wrote:Well, the wind was blowing pretty hard today (before it laid down), so I stayed home and surfed the internet for Cyber Week deals. :smt083 I was supposed to be Christmas shopping for the wife, kids, and granddaughter, but all I could find was fishing tackle. :smt007 Good deals, too. Stuff I couldn't live without (at the time :roll: ).

Now I'm sitting here regretting that I spent the Christmas budget on myself. :( Wait, wait; all that stuff I bought wasn't Christmas presents for myself - it was :smt017 . . . necessary restocking; right?

Somebody please agree with me (so I'll feel better :oops: ), or help me figger out how to keep Jennifer from killing me if she finds out (and she will). :smt011
What you have done Mr. Harms has been to properly equip your boat with the latest in tackle, so that you and the family can better enjoy fishing together as a family.
You sir, should be given a medal for your forethought and dedication to your family.

Feel better?
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Harmsway wrote:Well, the wind was blowing pretty hard today (before it laid down), so I stayed home and surfed the internet for Cyber Week deals. :smt083 I was supposed to be Christmas shopping for the wife, kids, and granddaughter, but all I could find was fishing tackle. :smt007 Good deals, too. Stuff I couldn't live without (at the time :roll: ).

What you have done Mr. Harms has been to properly equip your boat with the latest in tackle, so that you and the family can better enjoy fishing together as a family.
You sir, should be given a medal for your forethought and dedication to your family.

Feel better?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Flint River Pirate wrote:I did the same thing with a Yeti cooler last week. Maybe we should form a support group?
Can't hide the money. The boys at the deer camp where I went duck hunting Saturday said they could not afford a Yeti, so they all went to Big Lots and bought a Sheti. I nearly laughed my butt off. :smt005 :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
reelsorry2
Site Sponsor

Post by reelsorry2 »

BY ALL MEANS GO BY THE VOICES THAT COME FROM YOUR TACKLE BOX.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

MudDucker wrote:
Flint River Pirate wrote:I did the same thing with a Yeti cooler last week. Maybe we should form a support group?
Can't hide the money. The boys at the deer camp where I went duck hunting Saturday said they could not afford a Yeti, so they all went to Big Lots and bought a Sheti. I nearly laughed my butt off. :smt005 :smt005
Ha!!
Team Jolly Mon
killswitch

Post by killswitch »

You find a decent price on them ?? Mind if I ask where ? You can pm info if that works better. Thanks..............T
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Killswitch, Austin Kayak has them and they sent me a 20% coupon. If you are really interested in buying one, send me a PM. I do some business with ACK and I think I can get you a coupon.

Dave
Team Jolly Mon
Big Bend Brian

Post by Big Bend Brian »

I understand your dilemma but…….you ARE definitely in HarmsWay!!

You better come up with a quick plan before Jen does figure it out and you are in major Doo Doo!

How about getting her a nice PINK grouper or trout rod (that you conveniently could also use……………….)?
Brian
Quality Time
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Big Bend Brian wrote: You better come up with a quick plan before Jen does figure it out and you are in major Doo Doo!

How about getting her a nice PINK grouper or trout rod (that you conveniently could also use……………….)?
Brian
I know a guy.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

When does that support group start. Went to Wally-World Sunday, found a fine Berkley rod to fit my Mitchell 308 (Crappie rig) And it was only $22.00!! Thought about it all night, no impulse buying for me. Just right, got $24.00 in my kitty.
Went back to get it today. Outstanding! It was still there. Got to the checkout and low and behold the price was not $22.00 it was $39.95! Figures, it was in the wrong rack that was marked $22.00.
Still couldn't resist it. Bought it anyway. Been home less than an hour and now the buyer's remorse is setting in.
You big spenders don't laugh! $39.00 is a lot on a fixed income when you don't plan for it. That's a Christmas present for one of the grand-kids. I'll just have to invite them over to a fried Crappie supper later to make up for it.
So I ask again fellows, when does the support group meet? :(

salute2
Semper Fi
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

reelsorry2 wrote:BY ALL MEANS GO BY THE VOICES THAT COME FROM YOUR TACKLE BOX.
Works for me :-D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc