Official "stupid kayak questions" thread...

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Atticus
Site Sponsor

Official "stupid kayak questions" thread...

Post by Atticus »

Okay, looks like a yak is the only thing that I can afford that will get me closer to the fishes this spring while I preps for the bar exam...

Looked at some old threads and have some basic questions...

1. How do I get the yak on my vehicle (Jeep Wrangler) so I can get it down from Tally to the launch point?

2. This is a dumb one for sure-- Where do you keep the fish cold in that thing so you can get em back to the house for the grillin treatment???

I ask here so as not to inflate prices by asking a sales person :hammer:
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

1. You can use rope, bungees or bio degradeable twine and just tie it down or you could spring for a roof mounted rack.

2. If you get a SOT you might have room for a small cooler on the back. Some folks use a bag similar to the ice cream bag you see at the grocery stores to store fish in. A stringer could be fun too.

If Earthlink didn't sux so much I would have provided links and pics, but alas, it sucks :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

rev
Site Sponsor

Post by rev »

You forgot http://www.paddle-fishing.com--best paddling site on the web.

I don't keep fish too often, Atticus. When I do, I usually just use a stringer and drag the fish around.