Keaton 3/7/04

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

Keaton 3/7/04

Post by tin can »

Well! It's been a day.Chalk and I arrived at the Keaton Beach public ramp at 0730. That was a task in itself. The fog was pea soup thick this morning. We idled out the channel and took a heading of south. Mind you, I've only been to Keaton once, and Chalk has only been twice. We had no numbers or tracks. Needless to say, we wandered aimlessly in the fog until it lifted about 1030.When we got our bearings we headed to the area we were looking for and managed to catch two keepers in an hour. Somewhere around 1200 we decided to run north to an area we had both fished. It wasn't hard to find. There were 30 boats in the area we were looking for. So, we fell right in on a drift with them and immediately started catching shorts. Chalk managed two more keepers in that area. At about 1500 we decided to head back toward Keaton to a secret spot Chalk had received information about from an undisclosed source. We finally figured out what the fish wanted and caught some keepers. The last keeper was boated at 1700, giving us a 10 fish limit.

I want it known that I was the gracious host today. I allowed Chalk to catch 7 of the 10 keepers, even though he jumped up and down in the boat, did body slams on the floor, most of the time wouldn't net my fish, and knocked my 8 pounder off at the boat. :-D

Seriously, it was a very good day with a very good fisherman. Chalk, it was a pleasure having you on board The Tin Can.

Last edited by tin can on March 8th, 2004, 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
What was I supposed to do today?
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Good report, TC. Keaton's been good to us the past year.
Yours in the South
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Sounds like a fine time.. Looks like that fella Chalk is causing more havic. :-D :thumbup:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I tried callin ya when I was out close to bouy 26, guess I know why ya didn't answer now :-D WTG, I can't wait for them thangs ta start showing in our area :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Good fishing fellows. Sorry I couldn't make it Sunday. Little minor injury Sat. morning set me back a day or two. :thumbdown:
Last edited by CSMarine on March 8th, 2004, 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Semper Fi
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I WARNED YA BOUT BACK TALKIN THAT WOMAN :o :smt043
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

CS, we looked for ya at the ramp, and called on the radio several times. Hope the injury isn't serious. Sorry we missed ya.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Cable broke on a come-a-long and flew back and hit me across the right wrist. Nothing broke, but sore as all heck Sat. and yesterday. :cry: Swelling gone down this morning. Ready to fish this weekend.

UPDATE: Whimped out and went to the Doctor this morning after this post. The wrist was broken. :thumbdown:
Last edited by CSMarine on March 8th, 2004, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Seems I remember telling someone Friday, "Go north young man. Go north." Wonder why he went South instead? :o
Semper Fi
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

I am glad you allowed me onboard the Tin Can, I appreciated the fellowship and time spent on the water with you. :thumbup:

Now down to nitty gritty :roll: :

First have to thank Birddog and CSMarine for some helpful hints, thank you both, dynamite and cast nets work great :o .

TinCan forgot to say anything about the 5 fish in 6 casts that I performed for him, be it they were all short, still an admirable accomplishment :smt102 . He did not say anything about the keeper I showed him and released with out touching it. Another astounding feat was TinCan fished with colors other than Chartreuse. He sorta mentioned my attempt at trying to break my neck and bust my arse, he said, “Chalk, what in the hell are you doing.â€
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

The radio was kinda interesting yesterday, I got to listen to a war-ship hailing a boat over in the Atlantic, several boats talking to Mayport and the Brunswick Ga. CG talking bout a bridge :roll: :-D
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

We do owe a thanks to CS and Birddog. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction.

Now, more nitty gritty:

CS, Chalk told me you said "Go North, young man, Go North" He followed that statement with "I'm sure he's trying to send us on a wild goose chase. We need to go south". :wink:

Chalk failed to mention every time I had a fish on and needed the net he was laying down on the cooler. :o

He also failed to mention attempting to destroy my radio antenna after the Coast Guard Sailorette verbally slapped his hand.

We did indeed have a fine day of fishin, pokin, playin, and catchin. I MIGHT consider fishing with Chalk again. :wink: :thumbup:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Good job guys!! Sounds like a rodeo on the water but can't argue with the results. :D :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Whilst TC was netting one of my many keepers :-D , his line got tangled in the prop. Myself being a good guest, I climb up and hung out over the motor to untangle the line. I heard TC say something about my arse up in the air, all I could do was pray the line come undone :lol: .

It might sound like we wore them out, but there was a time I thought or lets say it was mentioned that maybe I need to put the whig on, a dress and the heels :o :roll: ....Glad the fish started biting :smt023
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

tin can wrote:I MIGHT consider fishing with Chalk again. :wink: :thumbup:
:o You sure bout that.. :-D