Econ 3-6/3-7

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Econ 3-6/3-7

Post by Fish Masterson »

Despite the terrible weather reports, saturday morning me and a pal decided we would try out our luck. Decided to put in about 8:30 and to our dismay realized it was a very low tide. Fog was thick enough to cut with a knife, but we were'nt to be thwarted by a little rough weather. Made it out and started throwing various grubs on CT's. Fishing was very slow but we managed our 10 keepers by 12:00(mind you that we only had 10 bites). Suddenly the wind picked up and it started raining, finally was able to break in the Frogg Toggs :lol: . My poor fishin buddy was gettin soaked and so I was prepared to cut it short, when he bucked up and said "to h#ll with it I'm already wet" so we fished on. When the rain broke so did the fog and the wind.
What happened next can only be described by the term "We wore there @sses out". We were catchin big trout back to back, we ended up with probably 6 trout over the 20" mark with the biggest at 3.5# , a 6.5# 26"red fish and numerous 18-20" trout. When we got home I told my wet pal about the spare poncho I keep stowed in the boat I had just remembered was there :D .
Sunday morning, me and another pal ventured back out to econ, and almost exactly repeated the day before. The action was a little slower this morning but when the tide turned on so did the fish. At one time my partner dipped my 23" trout ,with the net, out of the water while holding his bent rod just in time to hand me the net so I could dip his 24" 4# trout out of the water with my fish still in the net. Wow, what a rush!
Unfortunately, we had to leave them biting today due to time constraints as we were fishing a tournament :cry: .
Man what a great weekend on the water, and I hope I can keep having trips this great.
Fish Masterson
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

WHEW! Thanks for a great report on a great trip. I read it and then read it again outloud to try to generate some interest around here. Well I am interested and wished I was there! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

one of these days soon.....
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

WOW...very nice.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Dang, readin that is almost enuf ta make me go over there and fish...... NAAAAA :o I'll wait for em ta come on over thisa way :-D That shore sounds like one heckofa weekend :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Dang good report. Way to go. :thumbup:
Semper Fi
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Very good report. Sounds like the fish are wakin up. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

WTG FM :thumbup:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Outstanding job. What a difference 3 or 4 days can make :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".