Keaton Beach 3/13

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RC
Site Sponsor

Keaton Beach 3/13

Post by RC »

I decided with the 11:00 AM low tide and little movement in the afternoon not to go early. Let the sun warm things up a little. Put in about 11 and headed up towards Adams Beach. Saw a big pack of boats just out of the Keaton Beach channel. Fished in close on the rising tide. Saw a lot of mullet along the shoreline But didn't see any reds or pick up any trout in close. Water needs to warm up a little more. Wind was out of the NE and died about noon. Decided to drift a little deeper water. Drifted 2 to 4 foot. I tried a electric chicken salt water assassin both with a jig head and rigged with a hook only. No takers. Tried pinfish steaks no takers. My fishing partner rigged up a cajun thunder with a 1/8 oz jig and a small curly tailed jig and he caught 3 or 4 trout before I could rerig. As the sea breeze picked up so did the bite. Wind now out of the SW and picking up. Smaller fish out deep and most of the bigger fish (17" to 19") in closer where the water went from 3' to 2'. Tried to fish away from the pack but every time someone would see you catch a fish here they came. When the pack would move off and things would quiet down the fish would start biting again. Why people have to run right through the middle of your drift instead of passing you upwind I will never know.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Sounds like a fun day "except the crowd" :-D I had the same boat run through my drift twice yesterday and another run up in front of me while trolling and trow out the anchor :evil: That's when I decided it was time ta go home "before someone got hurt" :smt067
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”