Nice Pick

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Nice Pick

Post by Reel Addiction »

Finally we have a Presidential Candidate choose a VP running mate that I actually want to listen to! Paul Ryan is smart, articulate, and equally qualified to run this Country as Mitt Romey. Maybe even more so. VP Biden better not even think about debating this guy. On second thought, maybe be should. that would be a very comical hour.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Nice Pick

Post by Flint River Pirate »

He's a sharp guy but does it bother anyone else that neither presidential candidate or their running mates have ever served in the United States military? I was hoping at least the Republican Ticket would have one. That is part of the problem with our country. IMHO
Team Jolly Mon
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Addiction »

The Republicans nominated John McCain last go around and look what happened to him. He ran a poor campaign thinking his military service would carry the election and he made a poor VP choice. Also, the left is anti military leaving the Independent vote to decide this election. I agree with you that a strong military background would be nice to see.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I had to delete my original post. I made myself a promise to keep my mouth shut about politics on here.
Team Jolly Mon
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Addiction »

That is probably good advise FRP. I shouldn't stir the pot either! Any idea where the red fish are biting?
bman

Post by bman »

A reminder.. there is a politics forum for site sponsors.
No politics outside of that- lets keep conversation on the fish!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
haliaetus

Post by haliaetus »

Thank you, bman.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

We found a couple reds in the Shell Point area yesterday. We had to GO around a lot of grass, CONSERVATIVE estimates were one fish an hour.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Not fishing talk but not politics.
Attachments
Paul Ryan
Paul Ryan
ryan.jpg (30.49 KiB) Viewed 840 times
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

"My sons are all adults and they've made decisions about their careers and they've chosen not to serve in the military and active duty and I respect their decision in that regard. One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president." Mitt Romney
Like Dick Cheney, Mitt Romney had five deferments during the Vietnam War. What upsets me is they both want to creat a war, but refuse the duty to actually fight in them.