Shimano Spheros 4000 FA

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GoneGator
Site Sponsor

Shimano Spheros 4000 FA

Post by GoneGator »

Does anyone have any expierience with this reel? I several Shimano's but have never used this one. Also rod recomendations for this reel. Thanks
rev
Site Sponsor

Post by rev »

I've got one, but it's only a month old. I can't really give you any information about how it holds up, although it's reputed to be near bullet proof. It's butter-smooth right now, though. I've got 15 lb. PP on it and it handles it well--I haven't had a wind knot yet, after apprx. 8 trips.

Cabelas' was running a deal where you could get a Spheros and one of their Salt Striker rods for $25 off the combo, so that's the rod I've got it on(the 8-17 lb. live bait one, specifically). You may not like the idea of a Cabelas' rods, but I'm a little off, because I swear by them. I've got a closet full of them, because I'm so rough on rods (car doors :hammer: ceiling fans :hammer: stray feet :hammer: topwater plugs :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: ) that I can't justify pony'ing up for St. Croix, Falcon, or God forbid, Loomis (I'd have the tip knocked off a Loomis in a matter of days).
captain tom
Site Sponsor

spheros

Post by captain tom »

I think the spheros reels are the best. I have the 6000 and the 3000. They have a great sealed drag and are tough!!!
Captain Tom Top Notch Offshore Sportfishing