Adams Beach

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Adams Beach

Post by DixieReb »

Dad and I fished just North of Adams Beach today, getting there about 11 o'clock and fishing rising tide. Got a 22'' keeper 1st stop, missed a big one, then moved around in 2-3 ft. water and got 3 more keepers the next few hours. Bite was kinda slow, what we got was 50-100 yds. offshore. About 2 o'clock things got real interesting. I threw a grub with a small strip of squid and got a hammering strike, followed the fish around 'cause he was taking too much line. Around the boat and under it a couple times, finally brought up a beautiful 30 inch red that weighed 10 pounds. Too big to keep, so 3 quick pictures, a kiss on the head, and back he went. THAT
wasn't easy to do, but I figured it was better than gett'in caught by the man with such a big red. We later got another red 17.5'', so he went back also. But man, they are fun!
We fished with all kinds of stickbaits, but they seemed to like a redfin in silver and also greenback color. It was a good day on the water.
Yours in the South
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

Good report Reb. I was in the area yesterday too...and saw the fight with the big red. Sure if tuff to throw one back big as that....but the last time I was there.....the big gator trout were everywhere. We got two that weighed 5 lbs each.....only got total of 4. Perfectly legal...so far. On the way into the dock....went by a boat and they flagged us down. Can you use 2 more trout...they said. Yes....we said. Therein lies , as Paul Harvey says, the rest of the story. One of those fish was 22 in. long. The game warden was at the landing. I didn't know the free gift was oversize (my mistake) Got a ticket that said.....3 trout over the legal size limit. This was on 12Mar.
:roll:
    dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Good report Reb.. :thumbup: Wish I was out there today. :cry:
    Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Good Report Reb - Sounds like a nice red, I caught a small pup near Dekle, sounds like there all up around Yate and Warrior, Tom had two nice upper slot reds....

F989 sounds like an honest mistake kinda like me weighing in two 20 plus inch trout yesterday....The man did look in our box too, just looked though, he saw the honesty in my eyes :o , if he knew I was from jawja he probably would have pulled the tape on us :roll: :wink: :lol: :thumbup:
    DixieReb
    Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:roll: Yeah, Chalk. That same friend that likes to give fish away was there Friday and tried to give us 2 more fish over 22''. We just said ''Nossir''and kept fish'in. I'd rather catch my own anyway.
    It sounds like things are getting good down Keaton way.
    Yours in the South
    CSMarine
    Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Good report DixieReb. Sounds like a fine day on the water. :thumbup: Ya'll just keep in mind, it's illegal to transfer fish from one boat to another, even if it's a 15 inch fish. :wink:
    Semper Fi