Late post - End of August - Reds

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bullet

Late post - End of August - Reds

Post by Bullet »

It is that time of year. We finally got to get back down to St. Marks in pursuit of the redfish. We’ve all had a fishing jones on for a while.

Four of us fished off 2 boats. After getting the day’s bait via cast nets, we split up to see which of our spots would be the most productive. We stayed in communication with each other to see if either party would have to move to join the other.

On Friday, both spots turned on simultaneously but one cooled off sooner.
One bar produced a 23” & 19” trout as well as a couple of reds @ 20” & 24”. An 18” red was released. The other bar produced 16 reds 19” to 25”, 10 released.

Saturday’s catch was similar except that the bite came a couple of hours later.
Live Pinfish & LY’s were the bait but pinfish was definitely what the redfish preferred.

Sorry, no board pics from Saturday, they were taken with a different camera & haven’t been sent to me.

Great time with my bros again. Hope to be back down there again in a couple of weeks to try them again.
Tight lines

Bullet
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Re: Late post - End of August - Reds

Post by slowroller »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Nice haul.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Late post - End of August - Reds

Post by Salty Gator »

Good report. The bite was definitely on fire that weekend.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven