SEATROUT SHOOTOUT WEATHER

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

SEATROUT SHOOTOUT WEATHER

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Updated daily.
Friday: ENE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 8am. Seas 1 ft or less.

Friday Night: E wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday: ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Re: SEATROUT SHOOTOUT WEATHER

Post by GaryDroze »

Come on, north wind!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Update:
Friday: ENE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 8am. Seas 1 ft or less.

Friday Night: E wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday: ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday Night: Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Always such an optimistic forcast, I hope you are right JT.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I do not make them up. I copy and paste from the NOAA Marine Weather site.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
gary z

Post by gary z »

Is'nt the tournament on sunday?? Where's sundays forecast??
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Friday: NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.

Friday Night: NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday: ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 8am and 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday Night: NNE wind around 10 kt becoming E after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.

Sunday: E wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
gary z

Post by gary z »

thank you JT!!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Today: ENE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.

Tonight: ENE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.

Friday: NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.

Friday Night: ENE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday: E wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday Night: E wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.

Sunday: Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

GETTING BETTER BY THE HOUR.
This Afternoon: ENE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.

Tonight: ENE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.

Friday: NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.

Friday Night: ENE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday: E wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday Night: E wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.

Sunday: Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.

Sunday Night: E wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
mastercaster

Post by mastercaster »

HAHA, JT where do you come up with this stuff, just look at last weekend.

Here is the real forecast:

Saturday: East wind 15 to 20 knots becoming around 10 knots in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 5 feet subsiding to 2 to 4 feet. Protected waters choppy becoming a light chop. A chance of showers with isolated thunderstorms.

Saturday Night: East wind 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Protected waters a light to moderate chop. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Sunday: East wind around 10 knots. Seas 1 to 2 feet. Protected waters a light chop. A chance of showers and thunderstorms.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

he isn't that far off. Listen to the Weather Channel or whatever you want, but the windforcast I have the most faith in doesn't show anything over 10. I used the closest wind station to JBT, doesn't mean I'll be anywhere close.

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/stony_bayou_pool
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Here it is again.
NOAA MARINE INSHORE FORECAST.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... ype=marine

Just place the cursor on the area you intend to fish and get the forecast.
Not rocket science.(although rocket scientist use this forecast)
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Brian should have changed the weather rules long ago 'cause Sunday is looking good. :wink:

Good luck anglers. Team Fin-esse is rarin' to go.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

The original RTS had weather rules similar to what they are now. After a small craft advisory during tourney day occurred, lots of bitchin went Brian's way. People said it wasnt safe to fish and wanted a makeup date in place. That went on for a few yrs until last year when there was a sca. It was postponed but the weather wasn't unfishable( saw sk and JT on turkey point that day), then more bitchin went Brian's way. I can say wih certainty that the tourney weather will be nice since this is the first shootout I won't be fishing. If the weather is good,we can blame all of the previous bad weather on my bad luck. Good luck to all anglers. Be safe
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven