Advice needed on Belgium Made Browning 12 gauge

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

redfishfun23

Advice needed on Belgium Made Browning 12 gauge

Post by redfishfun23 »

Hi everyone. I am turning to you guys for advice on who I can speak with about determining how much my grandfather's Belgium made Browning "light 12" semi-auto shotgun is worth.I am looking to use the money to buy something more geared toward home defensive when SHTF. I have done some research on internet but prefer to speak in person with knowledge about it. I thank anyone who takes the time to respond.
reelbad

Re: Advice needed on Belgium Made Browning 12 gauge

Post by reelbad »

I just checked @ GunAuction .com and a Belgium Light Twelve just sold for $1050.00 in near mint condition.
redfishfun23

Post by redfishfun23 »

Thank you. I appreciate the post!
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

What is the condition of the Browning, and how much are you asking for it? Thanks
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Home defense shotguns are cheap. Don't sell it, you will regret it, especially since it was your grandfathers.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Salty Gator wrote:Home defense shotguns are cheap. Don't sell it, you will regret it, especially since it was your grandfathers.
This.
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

Bailey wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:Home defense shotguns are cheap. Don't sell it, you will regret it, especially since it was your grandfathers.
This.
:thumbup: :thumbup:
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

I agree with all of you about the sentimental value of the gun. I have sold things that I wished a thousand time I hadn't, but I sure would like to have the Browning if he is willing to sell it. Of course condition and price matters.
downthefence66

Post by downthefence66 »

i could not think of a better home defencse gun than a A-5 they were built to clear trenches in WW 1
Lighterknot

Post by Lighterknot »

Have to agree with "downthefencd66" as if it will handle 3" shells, pull the plug, load er up with some 3" #1 buckshot.and its intruder beware..
don't have to aim in the dark as with a pistol, just point an shoot.. even if the intruder takes off running, just blast through the walls and still get em... lol

all I have of my dads is his old browning belgium 12 and its never gonna be for sale, I take it out of the cabinet every now and then to clean it, and it brings back memories that will make me bust out laughing and some will make me cry. and this gun still shoots great. it will only gain value the older it gets.
you will forever regret selling it. keep those memories alive and hand it on down to future generations.
redfishfun23

Post by redfishfun23 »

Hi again.....sorry my computer decided to take a break from the world. I will try and post some pictures of the shotgun later this evening. The pictures will include the serial number. I took it to the Gun Vault and James spent quite a while researching it through the Browning database and Gun Books. It is a Browning A5 Auto Light made in Belgium between 1935-1939. He said it was is in very good shape. I am willing to sell it as I don't hunt and it just sits. I appreciate the comments on sentimental value, but I have other things such as war medals to remember my Grandfather by. I would rather someone who appreciates the gun have it than it sit under my bed forever. Let me get the pictures posted and anyone that is interested can make me an offer. Thank you for taking the time to post.
redfishfun23

Post by redfishfun23 »

I also have a single shot 12 gauge made by the Brazilian Cartridge Company for sale. I will include it in the pictures of the Browning later this evening. Thank you.
RCS
Site Sponsor

Post by RCS »

I wouldn't post a picture of the serial # up on the WWW, but that's just me.
Badbagger

Post by Badbagger »

RCS wrote:I wouldn't post a picture of the serial # up on the WWW, but that's just me.
DITTO
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Badbagger wrote:
RCS wrote:I wouldn't post a picture of the serial # up on the WWW, but that's just me.
DITTO
Agreed