Pistol Range Tallahassee?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BrogensDuck

Pistol Range Tallahassee?

Post by BrogensDuck »

Does anyone know of any local pistol ranges around? The Tallahassee indoor range is re-doing their lanes and I dont know the other options. Ideas? I need a place that will rent handguns as well since I am looking at taking a group.

thanks
BD
J Holden

Re: Pistol Range Tallahassee?

Post by J Holden »

Short of it is, there aren't any. Nearest place that would rent handguns would probably be Jacksonville to the east or Jay's in Panama City to the west.

As far as places to shoot, that don't rent guns, TRPC in Woodville is members only. Otter Creek in Sopchoppy is a great range and their yearly rates are super cheap but I think it's 10 bucks, per person, per trip if you aren't a member... Talon Training has a range in Midway that is finished or close to being so but I don't think they are open to the public for shooting just yet. Might be worth googling their number and calling. Think Coonbottom has a small range on the other side of their clays range.

Other than that, the public range off Springhill is a wretched hive of scum and villainy for the most part. On a weekend, its parking lot is usually filled with a combination of dusty hoopty's, broken down pickups and various undesirables engaging in some downright creative displays of spectacularly unsafe gunhandling. If you go during the week, at daylight, you can sometimes get in an hour of peaceful shooting. There were some nice bloodstains on the concrete the last time I was out there.

Tallahassee basically sucks for shooting.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

We are doing the land surveying work for Talon Training Group in Midway. The facility is not open yet, but will be soon. You can contact Mr. Charlie Strickland at 363-2311 to find out what he is going to offer. I am not sure of the details, and don't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Steve Stinson
President
Meridian Surveying and Mapping, Inc.
BrogensDuck

Post by BrogensDuck »

Thanks as always. I will post if I find something...
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

there is also a pistol range behind the skeet fields at CoonBottom if you're a member
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

The Wakulla County SO has a beautiful range in Crawfordville. Civilians can shoot for $10 a day. Pistol, rifle, skeet and trap, and a RANGEMASTER (a deputy).