South Jawga Christmas Eve Buck!!

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bonecracker

South Jawga Christmas Eve Buck!!

Post by Bonecracker »

Due to my busy schedule, the plantations busy quail huntin schedule, I have not deer hunted much this year!! :( I LOV to bow hunt and due to my bad left shoulder, I have not been motivated to hunt much this year for some reason!! :( :( The family talked me into takin my Knight muzzleloader and I hit the woods Sunday AM for the first time and saw 4 does and two small bucks! I would have shot a doe but they were out of range (140yds) and the bucks were close but way to small to shoot. Was not able to hunt Sunday evening due to family stuff and church so I went back Monday AM before work. I was huntin one of my favoite stands that tends to hold mature bucks as it is very close to a bedding area that the does like to use during the rut. 15min after day light I heard deer runnin around and a buck grunting but need more light as they were about 100 yds away. Caught sight of the buck and he was agin to small to shoot!! :smt005 All went quiet for bout 20 minutes and then I heard more (loud) grunting comin the thick bedding area to my rite. As I was searching for movement with my bino's, I caught a glimpse of a good main beam movin through the thicket and I grabbed my muzzleloader hopin for a shot!! After a lot of continued loud grunting the buck popped out of the thick stuff at 70 yds and I knew he was a shooter! Had to wait an agonizing 5 mins for a good broad-side shot and when I pulled the trigger the white-smoke made it difficult to see where I had hit the buck!! After a very quick 30yd sprint the buck was down! :thumbup:

Man this is easier than bow hunting! LOL!!! :D :-D :D

Last edited by Bonecracker on December 27th, 2012, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Maverick 18-HPX / Yama 115 4 stroke
2006 28 Whitewater/ twin VMAX HPDI 200HP
MarkM

Re: South Jawga Christmas Eve Buck!!

Post by MarkM »

Nice deer!!!
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: South Jawga Christmas Eve Buck!!

Post by SS-342 »

Nice story, rack and deer. Thanks for sharing!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP