Lake Hall

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Terrier

Lake Hall

Post by Terrier »

Fished Lake Hall yesterday from 7:00 to 1:30 - didn't get much until 11:00, then caught 6 in about 45 minutes. 5 caught on a 5" watermelon senko, one on a watermelon cut-tail. 3 were dinks, 3 15" or so and fat. Water is very clear, 8-10 foot vis. - used 6lb pline floro-clear.

The 11:00 bite matched with the solunar table minor period.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Where's lake Hall, Terrier? 6lb P-line, that's brave bass fishing. :wink:
Semper Fi
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

Maclay Gardens State Park - about 200 acres, clean , deep - only electric motors. I was using the 6lb along the banks - they all run to a certain size, about 12"-15". Once the vegetation has fully bloomed, 6lb test won't work (even though I think that pline would test out stronger than 6lb test). I use stronger tackle in the lily pads - about 15lb p-line cxx on a mh or h rod.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

The only time I used P-line was Small Mouth fishing the shoals in the Flint River. Had a lot of problem with line twist on a spinning rod. Works fine on a level wind for me. It is very strong though, and dissapears in clear water. :thumbup:
Semper Fi
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

Terrier wrote: only electric motors.
Unless you live on the lake. Then the ski boats are flying around.