Late Day Econfina 03/28

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Late Day Econfina 03/28

Post by Sir reel »

Got home from Church yesterday with fish'n on my mind. Called up my regular partner, Carl and caught him on the way home from Church as well. Before I could even tell him what I wanted... he said "lets go!" I started getting the boat hooked up and ready while I waited for Carl. I moved the rig to the front yard and started load'n. I had put a new trailer tire on one side last week and hooked up my little compressor to top off both sides at 55lbs. As I was walking around the other side I noticed a grapefruit size bulge on the inside of the other tire! :evil: Started jack'n and remov'n. :smt026 Carl shows up! Mad dash to Wally World. Return with second new tire. Installed and Haul'd :smt006 Got on the water about 4pm aprox hour before high tide..... First cast produced a bite... :D ...Carl had 4 keepers in the box in the first hour and I had 3 gone at the boat :roll: .... Second hour... We both managed to limit out...actually I had help from Carl I think. Probably caught 10 to 12 shorts. Quickest, I think, I've ever limited out. Most fish caught in range of 4 to 5 ft. Carl caught all of his fish on candy corn under a CT with probably 18 inches of leader. I switched around between sea shad, sprayed roach, space guppy(don't ya just love these names!) also drug one off the back with a yellow green twisty tail tipped with shrimp. The wind was South West and the chop was a bit rough to run at any speed and stay dry in a Carolina Skiff so I elected to stay close considering the limited amount of time. We caught ALL the fish within site of the Tripod at the mouth :D Back at the ramp by 6:20 :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Great report. I was there Friday and Sat and the later part on the rising tide was just like your day. Man O Man was that fun. Glad you had a great day.
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

Sir, That just seems not very fair. Some of us have to stay at least a couple of hours just to get in the groove. Here you and the Hog make it look too easy - but what a way to do it. Good times.
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Good report SR.. :thumbup: Anytime you can them that quick is good.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Good job!! :D