Lanark 4-7

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cmccord
Site Sponsor

Lanark 4-7

Post by cmccord »

Well, I may be a little late, and not so frequent, but I have made it out and brought home dinner. No pics to show for the adventure (first of the year), but we had a great time nonetheless. Had a deputy friend out with me with his two kids; he spent the day sick and the kids caught more grunts than we wanted to clean that evening. Also caught some really nice rock bass, lots of short gags (40 feet or less), an awesome sheepshead and four keeper gags. It was rough and we got a later start than I had hoped (first trip of the year blues) so we didn't stop for live bait. I got the feeling if we had good live bait we would have had a limit of keeper gags, especially if my adult cohort was not so sick for the day. Regardless, the bat ran soundly out and back, kids caught fish, brought home dinner +++ and had a day on the salty pond.

On a side note, wanted to dive, water was way too murky. Hoping for some calming waters soon for some state water gags and hogfish. Anyone looking for a partner for shallow water diving/fishing (i.e. affordable fishing trip) feel free to contact me. Schedule is difficult but regularly looking for company. Hoping to to try this SUnday if anyone is interested...
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs