Second Hand Spring Creek 4/8

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GC
Site Sponsor

Second Hand Spring Creek 4/8

Post by GC »

My dad called to rub in his success, I'm at work and he's fishin' :smt019 ...figured I'd fill yall in.

Currently they are fishing the mouth of the river (Spring Creek), staying in 3-5 feet of water. Using live shrimp with a CT. Also, trowing SA's (green with pink or silver bottom). Total so far...5 trout to 20", 5 spanish to 5 pounds, and 1 Flounder. Most were caught on live shrimp.
He said they tried out by the spring creek reef (big sand/oyster bar about 3 miles out)...wind was beat'n em up pretty bad and not a single hit.
Can't say on the water temp, old bottom machine on the old boat.

I'll post the totals for the day when he calls back!

Kinda makes me wish I were there! :smt026
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

This may be the first Real Time Report! This could be dangerous! We might all just head on out if we always knew that Right Now it was happenin'.

As one who was skunked, for the first time in a long time on a boat, at Spring Creek a couple months ago, :smt022 I am celebrating any action there, :smt038 let alone all that was goin' on this afternoon. Wishin' I had been there, but thank goodness for my other work that it's too late now.
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

There's nothing to add to the report. They said the wind got progressively worse and couldn't find a place to hide from it. They fished until 5:00 and didn't put another fish in the boat. Called it a day with 11 fish.
Gonna try it again today and tomorrow.

Nole...I've been skunked out of Spring Creek too....so there's proof it'll happen to the best of us! :thumbup:
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

GC, Be sure to post when you get the call today. Us at the office need to get incited for the trip tomorrow. 'course if the report is too good - I might start to feel too ill to work today and get Dr orders for some fresh air. :smt119
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

RB, I just got a call. They're getting a late start, but are in route to the south side of Spring creek reef to troll for some macks. Said the water is smooth and the weather is nice. They're supposed to call around 2:00 for an update. I'll post as soon as I hear!
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Thanks for the real time report, very nice. :thumbup:
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Surely our webmaster will provide another CATEGORY for
real time reports!
It would make them easier to keep up with!
Thanks!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.