St. Marks 6/8

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

HewesMan

St. Marks 6/8

Post by HewesMan »

Got to the Lighthouse around 7:15. Noticed when I was in town there was a wierd, skinng but long line of showers that extended from Carabelle all the way to around Perry. We had to wait about 10 minutes or so before putting the boat in. Headed east and tried shallow first, then shallower, then deeper, and then even deeper. Very, very slow day. Only brought 1 18.5 inch trout into the boat. Lost another that would have been 16" but the guy I took fishing with was not a regular so I had to try and net the fish by myself. The most active time seemed to be around the peak of High tide.

It was a really weird day fishing. No lady fish at all. Very few birds flying and none of them diving. No bait moving. Saw no fish swimming around. I think that the early string of showers in the morning messed up the whole day.
redcodefsu

Re: St. Marks 6/8

Post by redcodefsu »

Your day was almost identical to mine. We brought back 2 trout after fishing all day. I think it had something to do with the new moon.
2003 Key West 1720
2004 90 hp 2-stroke Yamaha
1950's Grumman 17' Double Ender
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Similar experience. Seems the trout in deep water for some reason.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Timing is critical. You have to find the fish before peak high tide. At least you didn't get skunked. Way to stay after'em :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

had the same experience sat at Cedar Key. Very slow , very dirty water