Spring Creek 4/9

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GC
Site Sponsor

Spring Creek 4/9

Post by GC »

Not much to report, but I know some of you like to hear the good and the bad.....

They (my dad +2) trolled every lure in the box for several hours around the Spring Creek reef without a single hit. Stopped to eat lunch and threw out live shrimp under a CT. Within thirty minutes they had boated 4 keeper mackerel and 1 keeper trout. Said they were in 4-5 feet when they caught the fish. Got cut off by a couple too. Tried trolling some more with no luck. Bite shut down and haven't caught a single fish since.

They're headed back in now to try the shallower water closer to the mouth of the river.

Said the water was smooth as glass up until about an hour ago. Wind is starting to pick up now and the water is getting a slight chop.

Said they'll be fishing east, over towards the St. Marks light house tomorrow.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

We got out of Bottoms around 1:30 and the wind had already picked up then and it just got worse as the day wore on :cry: The ladies started getiing seasick and the fish just where not biting :thumbdown: They tuffed it out for 2 1/2 hours but with no fish "except one short Spanish" and the wind increasing, we went home :x Still, time on the water and with two of my favorite girls :smt055 it just don't get much better :-D I wish we could have gottin out there earlier and got some of them fish though :lick: Keep them reports a comin in :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Yeah, what's up with all this wind? It's been blow'in like crazy lately, even when the wind forecast is for smooth to light chop.
Wevans, sorry you had a bad day. Still beats work'in, though.
Yours in the South