New boat

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

micci_man

New boat

Post by micci_man »

Sorry, it's not an offshore boat, or a true flats boat..

Ducks, reds, trout, bass and brim be ware.....

A buddy of mine builds these and you can't sink them. Lots of floatation in it. During the CG cert he filled it to the top (over what it called for) and it still sat above the water. They are designed for mud motors but after putting my OB on it and running it today we were both very pleased and suprised. This same 6hp motor on my gheenoe pushes it 13 mph per my gps. On the new boat it runs 18mps. That's me and 3 gal of gas. With me and another guy I loaded up at the ramp we hit 15.5. I'll get a 10hp surface drive mud motor in a few months and then I'll be set and can run the entire 6K acre lake where as now I'm limited to about a little less than 1/3 of it. I'll use the OB to fish creeks and skinny water on the flats. I think I'll be very happy with it.

Last edited by micci_man on June 26th, 2013, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
MarkM

Re: New boat

Post by MarkM »

You see, you've got it going on. Good for you.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Looks like a skinny water fish catchin machine. :thumbup:
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

I like it.

Fishin' is the mission.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Seminole Widgeon. I acquired one a few months back for duck hunting. Awesome little boats. I am working on a my small mudmotor to power it.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

How would that boat handle rocks in the flint river? I'm looking for a boat that doesn''t hurt to get the bottom banged up a little by rocks in the river.
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

:thumbup:
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

redbelly7 wrote:How would that boat handle rocks in the flint river? I'm looking for a boat that doesn''t hurt to get the bottom banged up a little by rocks in the river.
Never been there so I don't know but it handles the Wacissa river pretty dang good. It's a tough little boat but like any glass boat, I'm sure you could find a way to put a rock through it if you really tried.
MudDucker wrote:Seminole Widgeon. I acquired one a few months back for duck hunting. Awesome little boats. I am working on a my small mudmotor to power it.
This is not a Seminole Widgeon. It was built in Miccosukee Fl http://www.thewigeonduckboat.com/

:beer: :beer:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Sweet lookin ride :thumbup: Them girls of yers may be tryin ta take that away from ya :-D :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Pretty sweet looking boat. You should be able to get after some redfish with that. :D
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

Thanks guys. I'll post pics when I get it rigged.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

I like the reclining seats. Looks like you're in for a comfortable ride and fishing trip. :-D
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
bman

Post by bman »

looks good and looks safe!
How much foot room do you have?

I love the look and feel of the Riverhawk B-60 - If im reading right yours is 14" narrower right?
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

micci_man wrote:
redbelly7 wrote:How would that boat handle rocks in the flint river? I'm looking for a boat that doesn''t hurt to get the bottom banged up a little by rocks in the river.
Never been there so I don't know but it handles the Wacissa river pretty dang good. It's a tough little boat but like any glass boat, I'm sure you could find a way to put a rock through it if you really tried.
MudDucker wrote:Seminole Widgeon. I acquired one a few months back for duck hunting. Awesome little boats. I am working on a my small mudmotor to power it.
This is not a Seminole Widgeon. It was built in Miccosukee Fl http://www.thewigeonduckboat.com/

:beer: :beer:
Brainfart ... I meant Miccosukee Widgeon. It is the exact same boat I have. Got it from Cody Reese, a Tallahassee fireman who makes them on the banks of the Miccosukee.

Bman, I have a B60 as well. It is an awesome boat, but a little harder to get into the reeds to hide.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Nice looking boat Tommy. The videos on their site make me want to get a mud motor for my B-60.

Bailey :beer: