Special Olympics - Keaton Beach

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

Special Olympics - Keaton Beach

Post by milto »

Does anyone know where I can find info about the Special Olympics tournament that is held in Keaton Beach in March. Last year I want to say it was in the 3rd week of March. Trying to finalize our NFGFC schedule and I have been told there is now a conflict. Any info will help!! Thanks
bigmoney

Re: Special Olympics - Keaton Beach

Post by bigmoney »

Contact Lin Gray at Perry Police Dept. 850-584-5121 he is the one that sets the date I think.
Skeeter-Bite
Site Sponsor

Post by Skeeter-Bite »

I spoke with Lin Gray and they are gonna have their tournament the same day,March 8th. We decided that any participants will be allowed to fish both Tournaments as long as they pay entries in both. Their rules mirror ours and NFGFC's weigh in is at 3:30pm and Special Olympic's weigh in is at 5pm both at Sea Hag/Keaton Beach Marina.More details about Special Olympics' Charity Tournament will be out soon! Hope this answers any questions!
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Found the official posting on Facebook. Remember that if you want to fish both tournaments (NFGFC & Special Olympics) that you can. NFGFC weigh in is at 3:30 and the Special Olympics is at 5.

5th Annual Taylor County Special Olympics In-Shore Fishing Tournament sponsored by the Taylor County Law Enforcement Torch Run committee will be held at Sea Hag Marina at Keaton Beach. The tournament will start at safe light and final weigh in will be at the Marina by 5:00 PM. Anglers are allowed to fish coastal Taylor County waters for Trout and Redfish. $30 per entry with $1750 in prizes. For more information and a copy of the rules, contact Lin Gray at the Perry Police Department.

Special Olympics by sugarfoot095, on Flickr
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I can't find a way to get registered for this tourney. Contacted both the marina and the Taylor County Law Enforcement office, but nobody could refer me to a website or any way to download a registration form, or an address to send in my fee and registration.

How do I sign up?
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

GaryDroze wrote:I can't find a way to get registered for this tourney. Contacted both the marina and the Taylor County Law Enforcement office, but nobody could refer me to a website or any way to download a registration form, or an address to send in my fee and registration.

How do I sign up?
Good question Gary! I had to dig just to find this flyer on Facebook. Maybe Amen can clue us in?? Hobbs has tried to reach out to Lin Gray but hasn't had much luck. Since this tourney is running at the same time and place as ours it would be nice to know!! :)
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Keaton beach marina ,Wilson's and Rocky's has tickets u buy for it.I also informed the club of this tournament being scheduled
on that day back in February before the club schedule was released to prevent the two the same day.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Well, that's frustrating!
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

mpa_72001 wrote:Keaton beach marina ,Wilson's and Rocky's has tickets u buy for it.I also informed the club of this tournament being scheduled
on that day back in February before the club schedule was released to prevent the two the same day.
Either way, it sounds like it worked out since you can enter both tournaments. Ramps just might be a little crowded, which is why I opened ours up from Eco to Steinhatchee. If it doesn't work out then everyone involved will know for next year.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

I just spoke to Steve Hobbs this morning and he drove to Perry yesterday to pick up tickets for entry to this tournament. So anyone that wants to register for this tournament as well can sign up at our meeting Thursday at 7pm at Beef O' Brady's on Thomasville Rd.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Praise be to Steve Hobbs! I was just looking at MapqQuest & trying to figure out what time to leave Tallahassee Friday morning to make it to Rocky's and back in time to teach my first class. Thanks Steve for saving us some major sleep deprivation! salute2
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Thanks Steve!!!!! I was hoping someone would do this. You da man! Nina and I will be at the meeting and tournament on Saturday. Probably fish both. :thumbup:
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

I am assuming you can launch anywhere in Taylor County as there isn't a specific ramp mentioned on the flyer. Does anyone know if this is the case? We are planning on launching at the Econfina for the NFGFC tournament, and am hoping to that this is ok for the Special Olympic tournament as well.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

The special Olympics tournament is launch anywhere on Taylor county coast and weigh in at Keaton.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Thanks! That is what I figured, just wanted to make sure. :thumbup: