Roll Call for NFGFC Feb.8,2014 St.Marks Tourney

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: Roll Call for NFGFC Feb.8,2014 St.Marks Tourney

Post by Gulf Coast »

I think thats out of bounds....check the ramps for this tourny
sorifish

Post by sorifish »

carolinaskiff238dlv wrote:If I'm going to fish out of Keaton where would be the closest spot to turn in a registration for the tournament? We probably wouldn't come down until the morning of the tournament from Moultrie.

Hey carolinaskiff238dlv, go to the meeting thursday evening before the tournament. There's a couple of us that drive down from Moultrie. Also I think Econfina is boundary ramp in that direction.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Econfina to panacea are the ramps u can put out from listed if I read right.why aren't the st marks ones launch anywhere anyways?
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

We put boundaries in place to make competition better. That would be like asking why don't my Miami Dolphins and Hurricanes only play home games??
carolinaskiff238dlv

Post by carolinaskiff238dlv »

I'm not real familiar with fishing out of anywhere but Keaton. I hate to pull my 23' skiff all the way there in strange territory. If anyone needs a partner that is familiar with the area let me know. We could take my boat or theirs. I would definitely love to fish it.
sorifish

Post by sorifish »

carolinaskiff238dlv wrote:I'm not real familiar with fishing out of anywhere but Keaton. I hate to pull my 23' skiff all the way there in strange territory. If anyone needs a partner that is familiar with the area let me know. We could take my boat or theirs. I would definitely love to fish it.

You could team up jumptrout51. He can definitely show you where not to fish. :D
carolinaskiff238dlv

Post by carolinaskiff238dlv »

Sounds like me & him fish the same area. :lol: I know Keaton pretty good, but I just haven't spent to much time in the other areas. The last trip which was 2 weeks ago out of Keaton was the first trip of the year I didn't get my limit I believe.
sorifish

Post by sorifish »

mpa_72001 wrote:Econfina to panacea are the ramps u can put out from listed if I read right.why aren't the st marks ones launch anywhere anyways?

Hey Aman
What are you worried about,you have plenty of spots by the Econfina. Plus,Its closer to the weigh-in. Also I think we going to have plenty of water to be able go where we want. Just no water movement unless there is a strong north wind.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

ya'll are too hard up about the rules. There will be plenty of water; none of the 2014 tournaments have - tides. 90% of the boats participating can run from Econfina to KB without issue.

Having boundary restrictions not only increases competition, but provides certain safety measures. This is a small club and we ensure each boat returns safely; hence the calls I placed to many of you last year who did not return to weigh ins and the multiple "recovery" operations over the past several years. We don't leave weigh in without making sure all participants are accounted for. Having boats stretched from Stienhatchee to PSJ on a monthly basis increases risk unnecessarily. Boundaries also foster development of fishing skills, a primary goal of the Club. You will learn a lot fishing new territory. I allowed a couple boats to follow me out of various launches last year until they felt they were in safe water, and I'm willing to do the same this year. I'm sure others are willing to help in this manner as well.

Come have fun, catch some fish, learn a little about our coast and maybe win some $$$ or raffle prizes. Good deal for $20!
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Hey Brian,
Given your last post about boundaries, do you think it within the spirit and/or letter of the rules to allow kayakers to launch from Hickory Mounds kayak launch for Econfina tourney? It's just 3mi from the Econfina ramp, and I'd be fishing creeks right around Econfina, with less risk of conflict with motor boats in the main river on the way to/from weigh-in.

Gary
sorifish

Post by sorifish »

GaryDroze wrote:Hey Brian,
Given your last post about boundaries, do you think it within the spirit and/or letter of the rules to allow kayakers to launch from Hickory Mounds kayak launch for Econfina tourney? It's just 3mi from the Econfina ramp, and I'd be fishing creeks right around Econfina, with less risk of conflict with motor boats in the main river on the way to/from weigh-in.

Gary
That is milto's decision.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I'm fine with that. Might get more entries if kayakers have a launch site nearby, but I'm just guessing. I could be overestimating potential interest from paddlers. I'm cool with whatever y'all decide.
BeeeReady

Post by BeeeReady »

BeeeReady and buddy Brian Shock in!
Backcountry 189 Pro Guide
Suzuki Df140
Semper Fi
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

GaryDroze wrote:Hey Brian,

Gary
Hey Gary and all everyone else that is interested. My stance is that all tournaments will have boundaries and not ramp specific. It will always be a little east and west of the weigh in location, but never ramp specific. Hope this helps...
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Thanks, milto. I'll spread word to kayakers I know that like to wet a line. Could be a way to get more paddlers into the monthly tourneys (during warmer months!).