Looking for a Mechanic

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scalp Em

Looking for a Mechanic

Post by Scalp Em »

Hi All,
I'm looking for a shop that can fix the tilt/trim on my Johnson. I have been to Parkway Marine a few times with a few boats and while they do great work there, I was not entirely pleased. I am a student and am looking for any feedback or advice about a place that will get the job done right without breaking the bank. I've heard great things about Mike's and Porter's.
Thanks In Advance and Go Noles
PS: I'm not a raccoon hugger.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for a Mechanic

Post by silverking »

Shields Marina in St. Marks can work on Johnson Outboards. The service department is closed Sunday and the marina is closed on Mondays. Give Dennis or Tim a call at 925-6158.
basstracker93

Post by basstracker93 »

Bellamy's Boats in Thomasville, Ga does a great job on Johnson and Evinrudes. Don't have his number handy but if you cant find someone local let me know and i will post it for you. BT93
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Porters in woodville, just got my evinrude back and runs great, this is the third motor I have had them work on and couldn't be more pleased :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

Porters
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

you can give Jeff a call at JK & M MARINE, 850-575-7709. he is located on the west side of town.
Pirate Girl
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

If your not going to Parkway ... then Porters.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Scalp Em

Post by Scalp Em »

Picked up from Porter's on Friday, had the boat out yesterday and everything worked great. Work was done in less than a week for a reasonable price. Thanks for the advice all!