RedTrout Shootout? (Spring)

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

superiorrifles
Site Sponsor

RedTrout Shootout? (Spring)

Post by superiorrifles »

Is there a website available to read up on this years (2014)Spring RedTrout shootout? All I find when I search for "RedTrout Shootout" is 2013 info.

Thanks,
Ryan
Ryan Newsome
Superior Precision Rifles, LLC
www.superiorprecisionrifles.com

Nothing Less Than Extreme Precision!
superiorrifles
Site Sponsor

Re: RedTrout Shootout? (Spring)

Post by superiorrifles »

Does anyone at least know the date?
Ryan Newsome

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I have talked and emailed the tournament director myself several times and am frustrated by the lack of news.

The tentative date was supposed to be mid-May (possibly the 17th), but with no official confirmation it's anyone's guess at this point.

I would like to fish it again this year, but with the shrinking window and other commitments looming I may be forced to skip it. I'm sure others will be in a similar situation if an exact date isn't announced soon.
superiorrifles
Site Sponsor

Post by superiorrifles »

silverking wrote:I have talked and emailed the tournament director myself several times and am frustrated by the lack of news.

The tentative date was supposed to be mid-May (possibly the 17th), but with no official confirmation it's anyone's guess at this point.

I would like to fish it again this year, but with the shrinking window and other commitments looming I may be forced to skip it. I'm sure others will be in a similar situation if an exact date isn't announced soon.

Thank you for your responce, I was starting to think that they were not going to have it this year. It was April 13th last year, and with April right around the corner you would think they would at least have a date set. Pretty big tournament for such little info.

Ryan
Ryan Newsome

mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

I was hoping for April again if they were having it because were not able to take any work days off that month
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Last Word I had was Brian Hurley was down in south Fla visiting with his father who is ill. Not sure if that is correct info or not. I would check with the folks at Kevin's.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Talked to Lin this afternoon and he hasn't heard from him lately, either.

Sorry to hear of the continuing family issue. Hope everything works out and he is able to lock down the tournament details soon.
RedTrout

Post by RedTrout »

Hey guys just wanted to fill everyone in on this years RedTrout Shootout. As some of you may know I am dealing with some serious health issues that go back to the fall Seatrout Shootout and resulted in a 12 day hospital vacation. I have a doctors appt. on Monday and will find out what additional treatments (hopefully none) will be needed. Good news is I will announce a date next week (after meeting with the doctor), which will be later this year and not our traditional April date. I apologize for the delay and hope everyone understands. I look forward to this tournament just as much as everyone else does.

Thanks,
Brian
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Hope you get a green light from the doc, Brian, and a clean bill of health.

Look forward to hearing the tourney details.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

good to hear from you Brian. I've been wondering how you were doing. talk with you soon!
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Hope you are on the mend, Brian. I love competing in the RedTrout Tourney, but dang, don't sacrifice your health just to make it happen.
superiorrifles
Site Sponsor

Post by superiorrifles »

Brian,
I hope everything works out for the best with your health issues. If you need anyone to help you with the planning of the tournament, or if there is anything I could do to help out please don't hesitate to let me know!

Ryan Newsome
Ryan Newsome