April 5th NFGFC Tourney Results

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

April 5th NFGFC Tourney Results

Post by milto »

The tournament results have been posted to the NFGFC.org site. Pictures from the meeting and tournament day are coming soon.

Here is a quick run down...

Gary Zellner & Tad - 1st place with 14.06lbs ($135)
Gary Droze 2nd w/ 13.45lbs ($81)
Casey & Pat 3rd w/ 12.92lbs ($54)

Gary Droze with the big red of the day at 7.79lbs ($220)
Casey with the big trout 27" and 5.63lbs ($95)
Gary Droze w/ the only Spanish (mystery fish) at a whopping 1.01lbs ($150)
George Goodson with the only flatty weighed at 1.10lbs ($50 Kevin's Gift Card)
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: April 5th NFGFC Tourney Results

Post by tallykenj »

Droze....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The Back Porch
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Here's how brilliantly skilled I am:

That dinky Spanish was about the third one I've ever caught in a tidal creek in fifteen years. Must have made a wrong turn off the Aucilla flats and jumped on my shallow running plug with expectations of a tow back to open water. I was slinging in desperation with 10 minutes left before the paddle back to the Aucilla ramp. Total fluke. And the redfish committed suicide in a creek bend halfway between the Pinhook and Aucilla that I was specifically targeting for upper slot trout, having NEVER caught a red there before.

Methinks I used up all my karma, going into Rock The Dock in a few weeks.

On the other hand: Boy Howdy, lookit them wader-friendly low tides on April 26/27. If strong north winds arrive that weekend, you can assume the Devil has options on my my soul.
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Nice stringers. Me and Jeff and Austin fished out of Aucilla Saturday and also had a good day. We finished with a three man limit and 5 That weighed 13 pounds 10 ounces with a 4.8 big trout. Not a redfish to be found.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

One Keeper wrote:Nice stringers. Me and Jeff and Austin fished out of Aucilla Saturday and also had a good day. We finished with a three man limit and 5 That weighed 13 pounds 10 ounces with a 4.8 big trout. Not a redfish to be found.
I had a conflict Saturday but fished Aucilla Sunday. Big trout were hard to find, but we did catch about 30 slot fish. Reds were thick in the creeks....who knows.

Congrats to the winners!
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

congratulations to the winners. From what I understand Gary and Tad only had slot fish and had that much weight that's awesome :thumbup: btw who's leading the points?
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

The overall points are coming soon. I have been trying to find a way to get the long list on the website, but am still working on it. What I can tell you is that this years bonus points make it fun and interesting. As of right now, Gary Droze is in the lead with something like 309 points. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

One Keeper wrote:Nice stringers. Me and Jeff and Austin fished out of Aucilla Saturday and also had a good day. We finished with a three man limit and 5 That weighed 13 pounds 10 ounces with a 4.8 big trout. Not a redfish to be found.
Sucks you guys didn't fish the tourney, but I am also glad you didn't... would have pushed us down a spot!! :lol:
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I won't be leading for long. Doing the FCKA kayak tourney next month, and will miss at least 2 other NFGFC club tourneys due to weekend commitments with my high school track and cross-country teams. Put your money on the other Gary!