Alligator Hunts

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Alligator Hunts

Post by bman »

This is the last weekend to apply for alligator permits.
I applied. Who else is taking a shot at it?
http://myfwc.com/license/limited-entry- ... nt-permit/
From FWC:
Reminder – Applications for the 2014 Statewide Alligator Hunt are being accepted through this Monday, May 5, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern. Applications may be submitted online or in person at a local agent or Tax Collector office (locate an agent here). These Phase I applications will be included in a lottery for ALL available permits (Check Permit Availability here). All applicants will be able to check the status of their application on Friday morning, May 9 at 10:00 a.m.

Please note an improvement for this season – After reviewing the permit issuance process for the 2013 Statewide Alligator Harvest Program, the FWC changed the method to apply for an alligator harvest permit in Phase II. Historically alligator harvest permits were issued on a first-come, first-served basis in Phase II of the three phase process. Because of the tremendous demand for alligator harvest permits, Phase II has been changed to an application process with a random drawing (lottery) for the 2014 season. Applicants who did not purchase a permit in Phase I and persons who did not apply in Phase I will have an eleven day application period in Phase II in which to apply for any unsold alligator harvest permits. The Phase II applications will be available May 23 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern until June 2 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time. Phase I applications will NOT carry over into Phase II – customers must reapply due to the Permit Availability being impacted from Phase I purchases. Successful Phase II applicants will have a deadline (June 16) in which to purchase their permit just like the successful Phase I applicants have a deadline (May 19).

Any unsold alligator harvest permits from Phase II will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis in Phase III until all permits are sold. This change will result in a more convenient process, and should result in a more equitable distribution of available alligator harvest permits.

Here are all dates for this year’s Statewide Alligator Harvest application and claim process:
Phase I Applications: April 25 at 10:00 a.m. – May 5 at 11:59 p.m.
Phase I Claims: May 9 at 10:00 a.m. – May 19 at 11:59 p.m.
Phase II Applications: May 23 at 10:00 a.m. – June 2 at 11:59 p.m.
Phase II Claims: June 6 at 10:00 a.m. – June 16 at 11:59 p.m.
Phase III Leftovers: June 20 at 10:00 a.m. – September 12 or until permits are sold out

Thank you for your support of the FWC and the Statewide Alligator program!
Office of Licensing & Permitting
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Re: Alligator Hunts

Post by DEMON »

I'm in again this year. Hopefully I'll get the unit I want.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Tal, I'll take you anytime you want to go :smt004 .....just bring your tennis shoes :smt006
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

I'm too old & fat to run. That's why I go armed to the teeth and always take someone else that I can trip easily.
Big Bend Brian

Post by Big Bend Brian »

Last day today.
I'm in.
Brian
Quality Time
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

DEMON wrote:I'm too old & fat to run. That's why I go armed to the teeth and always take someone else that I can trip easily.
LOL....That's the way I like to dive ! :smt005
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

I drew Lake Iamonia for first week. Any body else get a permit?
Squirm88

Post by Squirm88 »

DEMON wrote:I drew Lake Iamonia for first week. Any body else get a permit?
I got nothing. 3rd year in a row I strike out during phase 1.

My buddy got Iamonia first week. So I may see you out there.

It gets harder every year to get tags during phase 1. Swamp people phenomenon I'm sure is partly to blame, lots of first timers applying.
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Yeah. My gator hunting partner didn't a permit either.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Nobody I got to apply got iamonia except my buddy in Pensacola got the third week. If any of you guys with iamonia tags want some help, just shoot me a pm. Had a 10'er in my yard yesterday. Would love for somebody to eliminate him....
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

SHOWBOAT wrote:Nobody I got to apply got iamonia except my buddy in Pensacola got the third week. If any of you guys with iamonia tags want some help, just shoot me a pm. Had a 10'er in my yard yesterday. Would love for somebody to eliminate him....
Brian, just use the old South Park method. It's legal to kill anything as long as you yell "He's coming right for us!" right before you shoot em.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6kKhlX8vU
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
bman

Post by bman »

I struck out but two guys in my crew got them- Miccosoukee and Franklin county!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

red_yakker wrote:
SHOWBOAT wrote:Nobody I got to apply got iamonia except my buddy in Pensacola got the third week. If any of you guys with iamonia tags want some help, just shoot me a pm. Had a 10'er in my yard yesterday. Would love for somebody to eliminate him....
Brian, just use the old South Park method. It's legal to kill anything as long as you yell "He's coming right for us!" right before you shoot em.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6kKhlX8vU
Dat funny :smt004
bbb

Post by bbb »

1 of my guys got Iamonia 1st phase. The other got Leon County 1st phase. We will probably let the Leon County tag roll over to the 2nd phase lottery unless we can find someone with private property and a lizard problem. Not sure Jackson, Carr or the river have anything worth spending $272 over.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

bbb wrote:1 of my guys got Iamonia 1st phase. The other got Leon County 1st phase. We will probably let the Leon County tag roll over to the 2nd phase lottery unless we can find someone with private property and a lizard problem. Not sure Jackson, Carr or the river have anything worth spending $272 over.
How does the Leon County tag work? Does it not include Iamonia?

Have you been running your airboat on Iamonia very often? Someone cruises around every evening about 7:30. I can't ever tell if it is FWC, but it likely is based on the fact the run everyday. Not as fancy as I would expect a FWC bot to be.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.