Best summertime wading

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SeminoleDave

Best summertime wading

Post by SeminoleDave »

Alright guys and gals,

If anyone has a good recommendation that has reliable place for wading the summertime let me know please. I've had good luck at bald point fishing anything from live shrimp, live finger mullet, cut, to artificials but I'm tired of not being able to get out there to wade until 8 am and can't stay past sundown. Always been a "be on the water at the break of dawn til slightly after dusk" fisherman, so not being able to be there until 8 or later really sucks. Had good luck at alligator harbor and was content until I heard about the sharks. Pretty much ignored those warnings for the most part as I usually have just from my diving background until last trip I had two decent size dorsal fins rise out of the water about ten feet from me on either side of where I was, one being a blacktip, one unsure, but either way not exactly a comforting experience being circled by more than one shark. I then moved down 98 but could not locate anywhere else from where I was that didn't have no trespassing signs posted.

Any help on this would be appreciated!
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Best summertime wading

Post by Steve Stinson »

I would recommend the following -

1. Contact Gary Droze on this forum. He wins a lot of the NFGFC Tournament prize $ wading and fishing from a kayak.
2. Buy a kayak. They are relatively cheap, and it opens up a lot more water around here.

Be careful about letting Gary talk you into coming along on one of his trips. From what I understand, it is very similar to an Iron Man competition. :beer:

- Steve Stinson
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

+1 on everything above.

Gary is the wading king.
And getting a kayak will improve your life tenfold!

~~Dave
AmericanFishingTeam

Post by AmericanFishingTeam »

Sound like you had an exciting fishing trip haha
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

No, I haven't actually had the opportunity to join Gary for one of his adventures, but I have heard lots of rumors. I am afraid I enjoy my Sailor Jerry rum and cigars too much to keep up.

- Steve Stinson
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

ahhhhhhhhh the Sailor Jerry! aka the brisket! aka the deliciousness!

It's summer up here, sharks are going to happen. Wade Smart and keep an eye on your surroundings.

And remember, where there's 1 blacktip... there's probably 10 more near by, the smaller they are - the more there are going to be.

Don't be like one of my friends and wade with shrimp and cut ladyfish in your pockets... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image