New Problem - Posts Disappearing Before Submitting

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

New Problem - Posts Disappearing Before Submitting

Post by big bend gyrene »

Having a problem with posting I've never seen before in my years posting on this board.

Can start a post, give it subject and main body text, and preview it as long as I don't add a picture.

But the second I try to upload an attachment when the window refreshes on its own, the entire post I've been working on is gone / blank. I can hit the back arrow and see my previous text entered, but if I try previewing it again, even without adding any additional attachments it pukes again, leading me to a blank screen.

Tried using Internet Explorer versus Firefox to see if a browser issue but both are doing the same thing. Cleared cookies and still having same issue.
ANYBODY else every had this problem? Love to better understand what is causing it. salute1

BBG
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

Re: New Problem - Posts Disappearing Before Submitting

Was able to post report, but had to use photobucket to paste image links versus uploading. Now wondering if Bman's getting even with me for a past sin or two. :-? Could be, but hope not. :smt009
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Test of pic insert
Attachments
16th birthday
16th birthday
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Works fine for me, using Google Crome :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
big bend gyrene

Man... talk about "Throw Back Thursday!" :o :lol:
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

Testing
Bear.JPG
Seems to work okay using chrome
big bend gyrene

Weird... will let me add a picture in reply to this post, but absolutely kept puking to a blank post when trying to share the fishing report. Guessing from lack of response, no one else has experienced the problem?
Tournesol Cottonmouth.jpg
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

big bend gyrene wrote:Weird... will let me add a picture in reply to this post, but absolutely kept puking to a blank post when trying to share the fishing report. Guessing from lack of response, no one else has experienced the problem?
Tournesol Cottonmouth.jpg
It may be the "lie filter" tossing them.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Bman is on some kind of sick power trip. He is messing with you John. Ha!!

I haven't had an issue at all with posting pictures from TapTalk. Let me try one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406835577.699202.jpg
Team Jolly Mon
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I hadn't given it much thought but I did have this happen to me about a week ago too. I just assumed I did something wrong or had momentarily lost my internet connection.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY JARHEAD, YOU KNOW THIS THING IS TOO COMPLICATED TO USE, YA NEED TO KILL THAT COTTONMOUTH, HE WOULD PUT A HURTIN ON YOUR LITTLE PINKIE IF HE GRABBED IT. I HAVE KILLED AT LEAST 100 OF THOSE BUGGERS ON OUR PONDS IN THE LAST 20 YEARS OR SO. I THINK THEY COME UP THE CREEK FROM THE OHCLOCKNEE, IT IS FULL OF THEM.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
bman

Post by bman »

BBG- Its not me ;-)

Tell me exactly what your doing.

I just tried a new post in the testing area...
typed a subject and text
uploaded a photo
inserted the photo

no issues.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

bman when it did it to me it was while trying to post a new topic. It was the first time I'd ever used the preview function then went back and made changes and added new pictures. I think it sounds just like what happened to John.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I've noticed a couple other quirks as well.

How often does the Recent Posts on the Home Page refresh? I've posted replies to threads I've created as well as those started by others and it doesn't show up in the Recent Posts table.

Also, when I went to Reload the Home Page thinking that might re-load the topics, the screen went to a white blank page. Never would re-load.

Strange gremlins running around in your software, Bman.
big bend gyrene

Exactly as Rhettley specified. Started a post... fine... type text in body and preview... fine... start to import photos using the board upload feature, and soon as it adds the file, try placing inline, and instead of the preview showing a normal post with photos, post goes COMPLETELY blank, including subject line, post main body text, and attachments... completely blank. If hit back arrow I can see text I entered, but if I try to preview it loads to the complete blank post again.

Never experienced the problem before this past month, and not doing anything differently than with past posts I've shared with uploaded photos. Interestingly, no problem uploading / sharing photos in replies and also did NOT see the problem with the disappearing post once I used photobucket upload links versus the board's own upload feature. Tried clearing cookies and cache before giving up and going the photobucket rout, and clearing them made no difference.