Feed Barrel

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Feed Barrel

Post by red_yakker »

Does anyone know somewhere local (Perry or surrounding) where I can buy a few of those plastic barrels with the screw-on lids in the 30-55 gallon range? I prefer black, but will take whatever color I can get. If I can't find any with the screw-on lids, I'd be willing to settle for the kind you have to latch the metal band around. I just can't use the ones with nothing but the pour spouts (and of course, those are the only kind I can find).
Thanks in advance.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
zload
Site Sponsor

Re: Feed Barrel

Post by zload »

Howland's Hardware in Live Oak had them recently, not sure what type of lid but they were being sold for food storage type uses so I assume they were the screw on.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

On the SW corner of 259 (Waukeenah Hwy) and US 27 in Waukeenah across from Walker's store. They have metal and plastic with lids.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

Waukeenah fertilizer will have what your looking for. They have a new website.
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

Waukeenah fertilizer is on the east side of 259 just south of walkers grocery store. Also you may ask Gulf Coast they may have them.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Looks like I'm going to Waukeenah. Might as well get my food plot seeds while I'm there! :thumbup:
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

THOMAS CITY CURVE wrote:Waukeenah fertilizer is on the east side of 259 just south of walkers grocery store. Also you may ask Gulf Coast they may have them.
Correct but the barrels are on a trailer where I mentioned, unless they moved them recently. Anyway, at least you know where to get them and your seed :beer:
Don't major in the minor stuff in life