St. Marks 1/16/15

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 1/16/15

Post by DixieReb »

Launched about 9, fished til 1430, total day was ZIP. NADA.NOTHING.Fished upriver, downriver, up a creek, near some pilings, threw everything in the tacklebox at them. :( Terrible day, I think I'm done til spring. :roll:
Yours in the South
spothogg
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 1/16/15

Post by spothogg »

Sorry man...it has been slow. Some friends of mine got out today and did pretty well with sheepshead in the creeks.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Up river from the lighthouse or up river from the fort?
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Launched at fort. Went upriver about 2-3 miles and downriver about the same. We couldn't even catch bait, which is very unusual. The mangrove snappers have left the hole we always catch them in.
Yours in the South
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

I took my father in law fishing as well yesterday and put in at the fort. Our day had a hell of a speed bump as the boat wouldn't crank. Thanks to Joel at Sea Tow for getting us back across the river to the dock. We ended up taking the boat over to Brett at Shields Marina. Come to find out it was a solenoid that was sticking. He showed us how to get it working again so that we could at least fish. So we got back in the water around 2. Since I didn't have much time to fish since I was going to drop the boat back off to Brett to have the solenoid replaced. So I put all my marbles into one back and grabbed some shrimp and hit one of our red holes on the Wakulla. Ended up hooking up with 3 small reds and a lady. It was definitely slow, but I missed the turn of the high tide that I wanted to fish because of the boat problems. Still beats a day at the house or at work even if the boat did break down.
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

Put in at the fort just after 7:00 this morning. The fog was so heavy in front of the power plant, couldn't see the bow of the boat. Started fishing about 7:45 and did ok. Caught 9 trout (4 keepers). Water temp was down to 58 degrees so they were much slower on the bite. Had to go to a soft bait and bounce the bottom but ended up ok. Hopefully tomorrow the water temp will be up a couple of degrees and they will be a little more aggressive.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Me and my 2 partners put in at Shields about 8:30 this morning and fished up river.
We caught some nice trout and reds and several large mouth bass.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

MLK day was a bust on the river. Put in about 10:00 and threw everything I had from live shrimp to Gulp to Mirrolures to Rattletraps and couldn't get a bite. Looked like half of Tallahassee decided to run up the river. Looked like North Monroe at rush hour. Todays another day and Ill make a run at it this afternoon.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

I was unable to find a single bite on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The Back Porch
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Thanks, fellas. Sorry about the poor bite yesterday, but glad to know it isn't just me. I seem to have a knack for going on the day they don't bite! :wink:
Yours in the South
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

FYI, yesterday was a bust too. They gotta turn on some time!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Thanks for posting, Randy. I don't know about the trout, they seem more scattered now than in recent years. I have been fresh-water fishing for specks and having a lot more fun, at least catching something worth taking home. :roll:
Yours in the South